My good luck continues..............not

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I Ordered two extra bandsaw blades from Rutland when I bought my Bas250 from them but they were out of stock. The blades arrived today.:)

............... but they're the wrong size blades :(

I'm beginning to think somebody 'up there' don't like me :roll:

The thing was there were only three choices in extra blades for the BAS250 that they give on their site, so how come I get differant sizes :?

Ah, so what you're saying is that Rutlands haven't bucked their recent trend... Oh dear. I hope you've got on to them quick to complain.

Commiserating, Jester

P.S. Believe me, when it comes to buying bandsaws, somebody 'up there' likes me even less. :( Please DAMHIKT!

Yes, apparently

No, used up all my ire on Screwfix

Thanks, I feel better already :)

I don't believe you :lol:

Billzee :wink:

To continue the saga...............

Sent back the old blades, several days later rang rutlands to be told I should receive the correct ones in a few days. 3 days later, no blades, rang was told being dispatched, 3 days later no blades, rang, was told electra beckum had messed up the order, something about wrong order numbers.

Now, bearing in mind I originally ordered these blades on the 23rd July, steam has begun to issue from the jugs :x . Order Cancelled.

Meanwhile, rang dure edge, discussed my needs and received the blades 2 days later. :) Faith restored

billzee

I've had the same problem with other supliers who make up their own blades to length. The problem is usually wrong labelling. They put it right, but there's the hassle of complaining and returning the wrong blade etc.....

You have to re-coil the blade. Anyone mastered that? I hate it.

If you'd like to see an animated GIF of how to fold blades, see here http://www.wood-worker.com/tips/bandsaw.htm. If you are still worried about injuring yourself, you could always try the technique which requires a foot to hold the blade on the floor for the initial twists and wear cheapo rigger gloves to protect your hands.

Back