My Garden Room Build - 9m x 4m

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jul 2022 - Workshop interior

I figured I would do an update seeing as I have started work on the interior of the workshop and also the garden is looking more mature now so I thought I would put up some updated pictures.

I did a thread about having grey walls in a workshop and the conclusion was that it would be too dark, so I compromised and painting one wall anthracite and the rest white. I think it worked out well and I am glad I asked for advice.

Excuse the mess:
ws 1.jpeg

ws2.jpeg

ws3.jpeg

ws4.jpeg

its already starting to feel like a nice space to work in and I'm looking forward to getting it finished and usable. I'm struggling to find time/energy to finish it off at the moment, which is a little frustrating as I am feeling quite unorganised with all my tools and stuff floating around in random plastic boxes.

The next stage (after finishing the skirting boards) is to build a workbench and storage for tools. Not sure on the best sequence for that:
1. workbench then storage.... could use the workbench to build the storage
2. storage then workbench... would be more organised with my tools which would help me build the workbench faster
😅

Updated pictures of the garden + garden room:
garden room with plants.jpeg

garden room with plants wide.jpeg

pergola with plants.jpeg

As you can see I have some grass now, and the plants are growing really fast making the garden look miles better than it was at the start of the summer. And I'm now a convert to growing plants in pots rather than in the ground - this is the first time I've had a garden without thousands of weeds everywhere - its quite a novelty 😅

obligatory nightime shot:
night time.jpeg

Hopefully I can share some progress on the actual workshop soon - this is a woodworking forum after all!

Martin

How you can possible expect to work in that environment is beyond me! :love:

I know it's a bit of a jaunt from Billericay but we're going to put one up in Birmingham. Only a simpleish Oakwood affair but if you fancy a week or so your help would be most welcome.

Seriously, really nice work.
Personally I'd go for bench first then storage. You may find in practice the storage might be in the way.
Again, nice!(y)

How you can possible expect to work in that environment is beyond me! :love:

I know it's a bit of a jaunt from Billericay but we're going to put one up in Birmingham. Only a simpleish Oakwood affair but if you fancy a week or so your help would be most welcome.

Seriously, really nice work.
Personally I'd go for bench first then storage. You may find in practice the storage might be in the way.
Again, nice!(y)
Haha thank you so much for the kind words 🙂
If I was closer I would be happy to help but as you say that's quite a commute! 😅
If you plan to do a build thread I will keep a look out for it as I would be happy to offer any help I can.

Martin

Back