My first workshed and my new workshop basework

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How not to do it first Mick, this is the old shed that was treated with clear preserver when first built then with a light brown creasote substitute a couple of years ago. I used Cuprinol shed & fence preserver Acorn brown this time and it went a strange colour, but im pretty sure its fading already so at some point I will like the colour :lol:

img2205o.jpg

The new workshop was treated with clear cuprinol by the manufacturers before delivery. I used the same Cuprinol acorn brown on it and am pleased with the result.

img2209.jpg

img2210m.jpg

Its spirit based and went on easily, no patchy bits if left and gone back to after a cuppa and 5ltr was more than enough for 1 coat. I have done the 2 ends and back but not the front yet.

A very small update thats taken a long time to get fitted.

We now have power Huston...

img2266g.jpg

6mm swa supply in and 6mm out to the next shed.

img2268v.jpg

Small distribution board fitted but yet to wire the power and lighting back to it.

Work continues on the workshop and deck albeit very slowly.

I had to refit a lot of the deck due to it being too springy for my liking, I also recut the angles at the end of the boards using a jig so they ended up uniform. I also ran a circular saw around the finished edge where I didnt remove boards to trim them back to leave a small gap. Both wife and I are now happy with the result, its stained with Cuprinol and due another coat of clear decking protector soon.

img2334p.jpg

img2335y.jpg

Got the gutters and downpipes all fitted now so the rain doesnt all try to seep under my workshop.

Enhanced the door security some, still need to bar the windows.

Got the wiring in for the main lighting and the fittings are up and working, mini trunking is now all round at high level ready for the ring main.

Lots of 20" deep shelving put up for tool storage. Had to reuse some old 3/4" shutter ply as I have run out of money for the moment. :oops:

Oh ignore the paving, thats not set in yet. Its just laying on the surface to save the deck from muddy splashback, Im trying to ignore it and get on with the workshop.

Back