my first wing box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a fine bit of turning. As for the helmet comparisons I think it is more toward the Mongol Horde look.

Pardon my ignorance (also a Land Rover owner and unacquainted with waxing) but what will the car wax do to the Walnut - will it be in another container inside?

It's certainly a fine bit of turning. I like it and think it suits the product and definitely see it on a shelf in the garage. Can you pm me with a link to your page please, my black BMW is scratched where the previous owner cleaned it with a dirty rag.

Not that your livelihood is up for criticism here but I don't think it's all that different from every single user on this board. We all appreciate finer/luxury items or we would all be buying cheap imported furniture instead of sweating over our own. Damn, one look in the hand tool section and you'll see people paying enormous amounts of attention to their tools.

Noel":tptm7q9g said:
I was going to delete this comment but it might be better to leave it as an example of how not to use this site. If you, Plymouth Pirate, feel the need to spoil the obvious satisfaction that the OP derived from making the item best keep such opinions to yourself. Any further such comments will not be tolerated. You've recently sought assistance with various matters from our members and they've helped without hesitation. Please show some respect and manners in return.

plymouth pirate":tptm7q9g said:
Sorry. Do not like it at all. Bit of a waste of good wood.

I did actually apologise for being a bit blunt this morning, but I see the post never made it. I am prone to pressing the wrong button now and again.

I did appreciate the article being well made.

Mod-edit- inappropriate text removed.

plymouth pirate":31qewkrm said:
Noel":31qewkrm said:
I was going to delete this comment but it might be better to leave it as an example of how not to use this site. If you, Plymouth Pirate, feel the need to spoil the obvious satisfaction that the OP derived from making the item best keep such opinions to yourself. Any further such comments will not be tolerated. You've recently sought assistance with various matters from our members and they've helped without hesitation. Please show some respect and manners in return.

plymouth pirate":31qewkrm said:
Sorry. Do not like it at all. Bit of a waste of good wood.

I did actually apologise for being a bit blunt this morning, but I see the post never made it. I am prone to pressing the wrong button now and again.

plymouth pirate":xbtrwyxi said:
plymouth pirate":xbtrwyxi said:
Noel":xbtrwyxi said:
I was going to delete this comment but it might be better to leave it as an example of how not to use this site. If you, Plymouth Pirate, feel the need to spoil the obvious satisfaction that the OP derived from making the item best keep such opinions to yourself. Any further such comments will not be tolerated. You've recently sought assistance with various matters from our members and they've helped without hesitation. Please show some respect a

[/quote

You have got to be joking. This is rather sad modding. What the hell did I say that was offensive there?

phil.p":13udw2ha said:
Wax a car? When the rubbish is so deep I can't push the pedals down, I park next to a dustbin and empty it - when I can no longer see out of the windows, I wash the car. Other than mechanically, life's too short to worry about cars.
.......actually, I use Autoglym on the bike, but that's by the bye.

Yours is a car I definately wouldn't park next to Phil :lol: and life's too short for a lot of things which is why we all prioritise them according to our personal preferences. You're clearly protecting your investment by waxing the bike - I'd let it rust :wink:

But then I am a bit of a clean freak and I also polish my wifes Mini, my van and even the garden tractor having said that I also polish the machine tables to protect them so what's the difference and I'd rather do that than sit in front of the telly :lol:

Makes me laugh sometimes when I see one of my mates who will happily spend say £15 to protect his tablesaw worth about £500 but won't spend the same amount on his car worth £15000 especially when it spends its life covered in cr*p and road salt :?

I got a good £3000 more for my last car than I would had it been in average condition. That's £1000 a year back and relates to a pretty good investment in wax and my time IMHO.

Bob

:) Bob - you got £3000 more for your car because of the condition. I can't imagine even spending that on on a car! Even if I won a big lottery payout, I wouldn't pay that for a car. Cars are just loathsome things we need on a day to day basis. Each to his own. :)

phil.p":1428wy8h said:
:) Bob - you got £3000 more for your car because of the condition. I can't imagine even spending that on on a car! Even if I won a big lottery payout, I wouldn't pay that for a car. Cars are just loathsome things we need on a day to day basis. Each to his own. :)

As you say Phil "each to his own". I enjoy having a really nice motor and even enjoy the washing and polishing part (sad or what :lol: ).

it was a £30000 + car I should add ad I didn't exagerate the amount. Same will apply to my current A6 when I decide to change it and I know I'll have no problem selling the van either.

Bob

Back