my first wing box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Magic Detail

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,thought I would share my first wing box ,as you may know I make these boxes to hold my own line of luxury car wax .This wing box is for a special edition wax so needed a special edition pot to hold it

box is made from walnut and a small amount of serpent wood ,finished with tung oil and our own wax.An O ring is fitted to the lid aswell

P1090668_zpsd530b73e.jpg

P1090670_zpsc5f0247f.jpg

P1090672_zps398ae432.jpg

P1090676_zpsabdea068.jpg

P1090677_zps3e69b404.jpg

P1090678_zps9320452a.jpg

Im currently working on a large inverted cone as another special edition

hope you guys like ,all comments welcomed

regards stevie

stevenw1963":3582z1oz said:
Nice box that,
reminds me of the german soldiers helmets from WW1 tho.

I'm getting "German soldier meets Darth Vader!"

Nicely finished box mind. I love walnut, I could sit and saw it up all day just for the aroma it releases when cut.

Black Magic Detail":mkg8s4j2 said:
Hi guys,thought I would share my first wing box ,as you may know I make these boxes to hold my own line of luxury car wax .This wing box is for a special edition wax so needed a special edition pot to hold it

box is made from walnut and a small amount of serpent wood ,finished with tung oil and our own wax.An O ring is fitted to the lid aswell

P1090668_zpsd530b73e.jpg

P1090670_zpsc5f0247f.jpg

P1090672_zps398ae432.jpg

P1090676_zpsabdea068.jpg

P1090677_zps3e69b404.jpg

P1090678_zps9320452a.jpg

regards stevie

Sorry. Do not like it at all. Bit of a waste of good wood.

plymouth pirate":232gr2g7 said:
Black Magic Detail":232gr2g7 said:

P1090668_zpsd530b73e.jpg

P1090670_zpsc5f0247f.jpg

P1090672_zps398ae432.jpg

P1090676_zpsabdea068.jpg

P1090677_zps3e69b404.jpg

P1090678_zps9320452a.jpg

regards stevie

you dont have to be sorry if you dont like it thats fine,but if you give me your address I will send you all the good wood I have just in case i go and waste it all, as im sure you know far more than I do
theres always one!!!!

phil.p":12stus6b said:
but then, I object to wasting 5p of washing up liquid on a car.

OMG. Phil that's sacrilage. washing up liquid strips the wax off the paintwork. (but then I guess you've never put any wax on in the first place :wink: ) Not like me who waxes the car ever 6 to 8 weeks :lol:

What do you charge for the wax stevie? and is there any point for my silver coloured car? I used to buy special stuff for my last 2 which were both black.

Bob

Black Magic Detail":p3q01q4z said:
plymouth pirate":p3q01q4z said:
Black Magic Detail":p3q01q4z said:

P1090668_zpsd530b73e.jpg

P1090670_zpsc5f0247f.jpg

P1090672_zps398ae432.jpg

P1090676_zpsabdea068.jpg

P1090677_zps3e69b404.jpg

P1090678_zps9320452a.jpg

regards stevie

you dont have to be sorry if you dont like it thats fine,but if you give me your address I will send you all the good wood I have just in case i go and waste it all, as im sure you know far more than I do
theres always one!!!!

What do you mean, "There's always one"?

If you do not like negative opinions, then you should not ask for any.

Anyway, I never polish my Land Rovers, doesn't go with their image.

Any Walnut going , I'm open to offers.

hi Lons,can i just say you are so right about washing up liquid it will do more harm than good over a period of time ,we have a blend of wax made for lighter colour paint and leaves a very sharp refective shine on silvers and lighter colours this blend of wax is called GENESIS .heres a pic of white with a coat of GENESIS

P1090584Copy_zpsd683786e.jpg

we also have a blend of was called ORIGINS this wax will give a deeper wetter gloss finnish if this is what you prefer ,heres a pic of silver with a coat of ORIGINS

P1080835Copy.jpg

both waxes will last around 3-4 months,
regards stevie

Looks pretty darn amazing imho :cool: dont suppose you could pm me a linky to the wax you sell please. I like researching different products when they come out - thanks ;-)

Sorry. Do not like it at all. Bit of a waste of good wood.[/quote]

theres always one!!!![/quote]

What do you mean, "There's always one"?

If you do not like negative opinions, then you should not ask for any.

Anyway, I never polish my Land Rovers, doesn't go with their image.

Any Walnut going , I'm open to offers.[/quote]

i think you know what i mean

as i said if you dont like it thats fine but to say that its a waste of wood makes you sound like a pineapple

we dont make polish ,we make wax 2 very different things

as for any walnut going spare no I think I will just watse it all

I like the general shape of the box - crisp lines and suitably in-keeping with it's high-end contents, and it looks nicely turned. Having said that, I think the serpentwood (?same as snakewood?) doesnt go with the walnut for some reason. Eye of the beholder and all that, but I reckon a wood with little grain pattern might look a little more in keeping with the walnut.
If you have your own line of car wax, do you have a similar product for wood?

Cheers,
Adam

P.S. I agree, it is one thing to say you don't like something, it is quite a different thing to say it is a waste of good wood, especially without giving a reasoned critique.

Hi Stevie

Nice website. I'd be interested to see your store when it's up and running.

Bob

plymouth pirate":289lkubu said:

I think that is just rude.

This looks really well made and something like this is a fitting container for a luxury item. I am undecided if I like it but that does not take away the fact that I appreciate the workmanship.

To say it is a waste of wood reflects more on you that the item up for critique.

Mick

Lons":32eqqubm said:
phil.p":32eqqubm said:

OMG. Phil that's sacrilage. washing up liquid strips the wax off the paintwork. (but then I guess you've never put any wax on in the first place :wink: ) Not like me who waxes the car ever 6 to 8 weeks :lol:

What do you charge for the wax stevie? and is there any point for my silver coloured car? I used to buy special stuff for my last 2 which were both black.

Bob

Wax a car? When the rubbish is so deep I can't push the pedals down, I park next to a dustbin and empty it - when I can no longer see out of the windows, I wash the car. Other than mechanically, life's too short to worry about cars.
.......actually, I use Autoglym on the bike, but that's by the bye.

phil.p":10orekm5 said:
Lons":10orekm5 said:
phil.p":10orekm5 said:

Bob

Wax a car? When the rubbish is so deep I can't push the pedals down, I park next to a dustbin and empty it - when I can no longer see out of the windows, I wash the car. Other than mechanically, life's too short to worry about cars.
.......actually, I use Autoglm on the bike, but that's by the bye.

i can feel this post hurting poor Bob. :mrgreen:

I dont see any problem with taking care of what you own. Having a decent waxed car makes washing the crud away a breeze. You've only got to threaten the car with the pressure washer and the dirt falls away :cool:
I think the comment about it being s waste of wood is just ignorant but am looking forward to seeing what he makes from a similar sized piece ;-)

phil.p":6rmo1y50 said:

I am with Phil on this. My car is used for transporting bikes, and sometimes as a skip. At the moment it is full of the debris of green woodworking. Not much point me polishing the outside !

Now, if you have a nice car which doesn't get abused like mine, I can perhaps see the point of posh wax. Can't see the need for it to come in anything more fancy than a tin though - do the customers of this sfuff give their car wax pride of place on the mantle piece or something ? It's a bit elaborate for a shelf in the garage ...

And it does look a bit like Darth Vader has joined an oompah band :lol:

I was going to delete this comment but it might be better to leave it as an example of how not to use this site. If you, Plymouth Pirate, feel the need to spoil the obvious satisfaction that the OP derived from making the item best keep such opinions to yourself. Any further such comments will not be tolerated. You've recently sought assistance with various matters from our members and they've helped without hesitation. Please show some respect and manners in return.

plymouth pirate":2gzo15bm said:

Latest posts

Back