My first table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NikkiC":3m3buw6q said:
my table extension is a couple of millimeters lower than the cast alloy table. What's the best way to raise it so that it's level?
](*,) (hammer) ](*,) (hammer)

I experienced this problem myself and posted at length about it a few months ago. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find my post :(.

In the end, I shimmed the extension arms with washers. Kity does supply a few spare washers for this purpose but I found there weren't enough so I bought some more. I was surprised by the number of washers it took in the end.

Gill

Nikki

Have you got the sliding carrage as well, as my combi shares a lot of the saw parts from the 419 I can post a couple of pics that will double the table width of the saw in under 60secs which is very handy when ripping sheet materials.

Jason

Gill":2lj6pfsx said:
People who don't own a Kity 419 must be shaking their heads in disbelief at the tribulations that some of us have endured.
I'm shaking my head at the trouble everyone seems to be having with all makes and models. It's like everything's turned into a Maxi on here sometimes. :shock:

Gill":2lj6pfsx said:
I experienced this problem myself and posted at length about it a few months ago. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find my post :(
This 'un?

Cheers, Alf

Alf":emfe3iyq said:
[ It's like everything's turned into a Maxi on here sometimes. :shock:

Cheers, Alf

Well, there you go Alf - maybe the Maxi is not so bad after all! :)

I seem to remember a thread about fettling some time ago. I still think that you get what you pay for.

The price of our "hobby" machines is far less than their equivalent industrial models and that fettling is to be expected (but not welcome!) at the price points they have been driven down to.

John

I'm shaking my head at the trouble everyone seems to be having with all makes and models. It's like everything's turned into a Maxi on here sometimes.

Everything I've ever bought has had trouble. I don't know whether it's because I'm being too much a perfectionist or I'm jinxed. But can cutting nice and square straight out of the box be too much to ask for?

Actually, I did own a Scheppach TS2010 for approximately 24 hours. It arrived with many parts smashed or damaged. After having spent a week setting up and shimmed to perfection a cheap Chinese planer/thicknesser, that was the last straw. Straight back it went. But there's something inexplicable (could be those instructions, mind you) and enchanting about this Kity..

Nikki

Have you got the sliding carrage as well, as my combi shares a lot of the saw parts from the 419 I can post a couple of pics that will double the table width of the saw in under 60secs which is very handy when ripping sheet materials.

I have the sliding carriage. I'd be interested to see that, although my garage is getting a little crowded.

Nikki

The supplier of my Kity 419 came up with some theories why the machine won't lock at 90 degrees. One was that the blade not being parallel to the mitre slots was causing the limited movement. Anyway, they told me how to align the blade by unscrewing 2 pairs of bolts located on the table and shifting it.

Once aligned, I trimmed a piece of wood. The cutting sound was different now. But what amazed me was the piece of veneer that I trimmed off. It measured 0.15 mm in thickness and was transparent. Hmmm. That's definitely why I bought the saw!

Nevertheless, the blade still has a problem locking at 90. Another slight issue is that when cutting at 45 degrees, I get a double cut, front and back of blade, which doesn't happen cutting at 90. Tear-out results. That could be to do with the warping of the mechanism that has to be made to reach 90 degrees.

The supplier said they'd swap the machine if the blade alignment didn't fix the problem. That will be another palava!

Nikki

Hope you get it sorted soon

I "could" sort the saw out myself. I'd just need my Dremel with a file attachment to file away just 3mm of steel to extend a slot. But something is telling me that I shouldn't have to do this to a new machine. And there's a small chance that that may not be the problem and then I'd have some explaining ... modifying without express permission etc. It's a subtle problem.

I thought the TSPP250 was a "great" saw or have you "upgraded"?

NikkiC":szb9xycg said:
Hope you get it sorted soon

I "could" sort the saw out myself. I'd just need my Dremel with a file attachment to file away just 3mm of steel to extend a slot. But something is telling me that I shouldn't have to do this to a new machine. And there's a small chance that that may not be the problem and then I'd have some explaining ... modifying without express permission etc. It's a subtle problem.
I know what you mean I had similar dilemmas :(

I thought the TSPP250 was a "great" saw
So did I
or have you "upgraded"?
Frustrated by various machines I bit the bullet & bought the Felder Saw/Spindle. I'm happy now :D :D :D

Back