My first serious projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello

I am new here and would like to introduce myself by showing two of my projects a table and a bench for my stereo. I am attending a woodworking course where we can do our own projects. Mostly smaller objects but I managed to do these.

Both are made of birch and finished with linseed oil (I think thats the name?)

What do you think?

Anders

soffbord.jpg

stereobank.jpg

Very nice,well-proportioned and well finished.
If that is the start,we can look forward to great things :D

Andrew (a quietly impressed gubbjaevel)

Anders,
They look like very nice pieces and as Andrew says, very nicely proportioned.

I am impressed by the large mitres on your ccoffee table - not easy to make very well! I like the spline in the joints too.

AndersNolberger":3lir3ua4 said:
Both are made of birch and finished with linseed oil (I think thats the name?)

:roll: :p

Hello Anders

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for posting the Pics.
I like them. They have a nice clean and crisp look :D
The finish is nice and uniform.
BLO=Boiled Linseed Oil (I HAVE NEVER used any unboiled linseed oil but there may be some out there) :twisted:
Keep posting--and I like pictures

Travis

Those are lovely pieces of furniture, Anders. I'd be delighted to have them in my own living room.

Slightly off topic, I understand that only boiled linseed oil is suitable for finishing. If it hasn't been boiled first, it takes months to cure (if ever).

Gill

Thank you all.

Yes the mitres is not easy and it was the only thing that I got some help to do. I took the material to a furniture maker and used their large table saw that could be adjusted very precisely. They was almost perfect at first but wood movement has made a little gap in one of them over time.

Yes I used boild linseed oil.

Anders, I like them too.

Are you restricted in the types of wood available in Sweden?

Andy

Hello Anders,

Very nice, i like the way the hifi & coffee table match each other.
Looking forward to seeing your next projects.

Simon

Hello Anders,

Sorry I'm late - but a warm welcome to the Forum.

Two lovely pieces you have made there. Thank you for showing them to us.

Cheers,

Trev.

Again, thank you

dedee - I can get most of the "usual" european wood and the "classics" from other places to. Most of my material I have bought through my teacher at the course. I am thinking of a sitting furniture for the entry hall to my apartment as my next project and I will probably do that in oak.

lovely job Anders, I like them a lot, particularly the stereo case and welcome to the forum

Back