My first 'proper' turn

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
ukw.jpg

Attachments

• ukw.jpg
    ukw.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
CHJ":phly9zwu said:
One Down and an Infinite number to go.

If only!

What I would like to know is what happens to all the seemingly endless ribbons I seemed to have streaming over my shoulder? Is it just an optical illusion?

Lonsdale73":1f9oyan4 said:
I was on a roll, capable of ANYTHING, not necessarily right though. The ring's as rough as a bear's bottom!

Good work!

I have just ordered the belt to get my lathe up and running, after years of prevaricating. Is it as addictive as it looks to be? I am assuming I may never get any work done ever again...or have firewood for the fire. We may need to get a chinchilla, for the shavings. Several chinchillas, probably.

I have been turning as a hobby for over 20 years and every day is still a school day, it is very addictive and great fun. I have just helped a friend set up his first lathe and workshop, it made me realise just how much i had leaned over those years it was good to be able to assist and hopefully avaiod some of the pit falls - I would recommend Lyle JAMIESON on you tube for a simple and very effective system for bowl turning with simple tools and siple techniques which really do work. Welcome to the dark art of turning.

Trainee neophyte":2y64r7z8 said:
Lonsdale73":2y64r7z8 said:
I was on a roll, capable of ANYTHING, not necessarily right though. The ring's as rough as a bear's bottom!

Good work!

I have just ordered the belt to get my lathe up and running, after years of prevaricating. Is it as addictive as it looks to be? I am assuming I may never get any work done ever again...or have firewood for the fire. We may need to get a chinchilla, for the shavings. Several chinchillas, probably.

Yes it is and I think a coke habit might actually be cheaper and perhaps healthier! The shavings are apparently good for open fires.

Trainee neophyte":3m0bwbrm said:
Lonsdale73":3m0bwbrm said:

Good work!

I have just ordered the belt to get my lathe up and running, after years of prevaricating. Is it as addictive as it looks to be? I am assuming I may never get any work done ever again..

It is very addictive, also very therapeutic. It’s nice just being able to start a project without spending ages dimensioning parts.

Well done Bob the first of many they will improve over time and tool and sanding marks will disappear. Play safe and ignore the shavings as pretty as they may look.

Back