My first box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DevonW

The two books I like best are

Fine Decorative Boxes by Andrew Crawford ( mostly veneered)

and

Making Heirloom Boxes by Peter Lloyd (more natural forms, spalted timber etc) this would be my choice out of the two.

Jason

Jason":8dimb16q said:
Making Heirloom Boxes by Peter Lloyd (more natural forms, spalted timber etc) this would be my choice out of the two.

I have this one as well and agree with the recommendation. I also have the Taunton Box Making book which is very useful.

The box seems to have got full customer approval:

I_m_sure_I_m_meant_to_stand_on_it_2.jpg

My_favourite_present_2.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Hope you rounded the inside edges of the lid, those little fingers look a little vulnerable to a shear cut when lid opening is mastered.

Thanks for book recommendations going to ask the wife who is visiting the library this morning to put reservations down on those titles and then I usually place a book order after viewing.

He Tim,

That is nice, and moreover, you have just given me a great idea for hinges on my wall-unit, I was going to use some concealed metal hinges, but having seen your wood pivot hinges, well that is it, i have to change my desing again

Pefect Job Tim - Tumbs UP :p

Back