My first bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerTool

Established Member
Reaction score
So now there is not so much gardening to be done,I'm starting to find more time to play about with my lathe (it's a recent acquisition,so I'm still a novice :) )

Finally finished my first attempt at turning a bowl

Picture073.jpg

And a goblet

Picture074.jpg

So now need to make a fork and spoon :D

Andrew

It's nice to see some turning work here, not just confined to the "Wood Turning" section.

Your bowl and goblet look good to me, Andrew, but I'm not a turner so I'm not really qualified to comment.

Gill

The bowl is oak,the goblet is cherry.
Both finished with three coats of Chestnut food-grade finish (yes,I might actually use them :wink: )

And I've started on a spoon using some of the leftover cherry - mediaeval banquet here-we-come :D :D

Jaco - the oak blunts my chisels a lot quicker than the cherry does :( - but I like the look of oak!

PowerTool":kabpp7vw said:
The bowl is oak,...snip...

Make sure you clean up the oak shavings from your lathe and tools, especially if there is any chance of dampness from humidity etc.

The acids in the oak can rapidly cause oxide formation (rust) on any bare steel.

Oh, and welcome to the steep slope of turning addiction.

Andrew

I can just see you, crusty bread and cheese from the bowl and wine from the goblet, lucky fellow.

Also good job.

Waka":1bsc99wv said:
Wish I could go to Yandles and Tools 2005.

Just let us have your cheque book/cash/credit card and we will try and buy the tools for you.:twisted:

CHJ":2s8wzenj said:
Waka":2s8wzenj said:
Wish I could go to Yandles and Tools 2005.

Just let us have your cheque book/cash/credit card and we will try and buy the tools for you.:twisted:

I'm afraid I only take my penny jar when I go shopping; remember I've been cought by Philly and Martin those well known Dorset tool C******s

Cough, cough :shock:
Well I've heard it all now! Don't listen to him, folks O:)
It's Waka who's a bad influence-I never used to buy tools before Waka started forcing me......probably
Cheers
Philoccent :lol:

Philly":2xdsdfvd said:
Cough, cough :shock:
Well I've heard it all now! Don't listen to him, folks O:)
It's Waka who's a bad influence-I never used to buy tools before Waka started forcing me......probably
Cheers
Philoccent :lol:

:whistle: :whistle:

Back