My dumbest mistake yet ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally got to my workshed - 10 weeks after the baby was born! Had a load of 2" thick oak I needed to dimension for a front door. Not the easiest job to get into but can't move in there without doing it.

Before Christmas I changed my workshop around and swapped the p/t from one side to the other. For the first time with this arrangement I converted to a thicknesser, set-up my roller stands, opened the door to allow passage of the 6' lengths of timber and away I went ...

I proceeded to cautiously pass the heavy length of timbers through the thicknesser. Couldn't understand it - the rollers weren't grabbing hold? Checked the height adjustment - check, checked the rollers were on feed, check. Tried again! (Can you see where this is going :).) Fortunately decided to turn off and have a closer look.

Well guess what - I was passing the timber through the wrong end!!! Same direction of travel as I was used to, but of course the machine was the other way around! Luckily no accidents - I just felt very very silly. I'm sure the lack of sleep is destroying my brain cells. I'll have to stick some stickers on the machine so if I ever have another break from the workshed I won't do the same thing again!

Cheers

Gidon

Gidon
Fear not Chum, it passes with time. At least you didn't hurt yourself! :wink:
Glad your getting back in the workshop again,
best regards
Philly :D

Gidon

Very brave to own up and give me a little laugh :) Thanks mate.

The quesion is did the wood get dimensioned in the end and fun had in the work shop? :)

Thanks chaps - I feel a lot better now :wink:.

The scary thing is how much money I have saved not going up to the workshop. A few hours up the workshop Sunday and first thing Monday - an order into Axminster! (Nothing exciting by the high gloatage standards set by you lot!)

Cheers

Gidon

Gidon,

If you know how much you saved, that indicates you keep track of what you spend on this activity - that's really scary :shock:

For goodness sake don't be drawn into the Gloating game - look at what happened to poor old Waka!

Chris - my wife keeps track - that's for sure!

Being able to gloat would assume I had some money to spend on tools that I could gloat about :). No longer the case (if it ever was).

(I missed what happend to Waka?)

Cheers

Gidon

gidon":39apzs4q said:
(I missed what happend to Waka?)
'Tis a tale to freeze the very marrow of your bones... T'was a dark and stormy nigh-, no, sorry, wrong saga... Poor fellow spent just too long in the company of the Gloat Meister and now he can't move in his dog house, er, w'shop for Festool Systainer cases and router tables (yes, plural). :roll:

Glad you're infant-induced error didn't end in tears, btw. :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2fack8qp said:
Tis a tale to freeze the very marrow of your bones... T'was a dark and stormy nigh-, no, sorry, wrong saga... Poor fellow spent just too long in the company of the Gloat Meister and now he can't move in his dog house, er, w'shop for Festool Systainer cases and router tables (yes, plural). :roll:
:lol:

Back