My Design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY Stew

Established Member
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed to find someone has copied my design and is selling the item for TWICE the price I charge on eBay!

I always thought that copies (fakes) were cheaper the the original, but not so in this case.

I will of course now sell mine on eBay for half what this cheeky chap is charging, I may even make the same items he makes and sell for a lot less than he is.

To copy my idea Not Bothered, to copy my exact design Naughty, to sell it for twice the price Financial Suicide.

Stew

DIY Stew":1qfi91qd said:
I was a little disappointed to find someone has copied my design and is selling the item for TWICE the price I charge on eBay! Stew

OK I give in :? What is it :?:

DIY Stew,

There are maybe a few things to consider.
1) You may be charging too low a price. If your ebay rip off merchant is selling at that higher price then you are possibly underselling your efforts.
2) Some people when faced with two identical items with one at twice the price of the other will always buy the most expensive...why because its better nade?, it has more support from the maker?...etc etc. Higher prices can be attractive to some customers.
3) Possibly the question you need to ask is how can you make similar items but differentiate them so that you have a range of prices. eg foir many the use of "genuine" solid oak is a key selling point and Oak is seen as much more expensive that other woods eg Beech.

All I'm saying is its better to ask What can you learn from the rip off merchant and improve so that you win and he/she loses.

A key issue with Ebay is that almost all sellers face a race to the lowest price.....why.

regards
Al

Back