My Cyclone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
With all the prototypes and testing I haven't had much time for my own Cyclone. But with the orders finally on the road after some delays I put mine together:

DSC00705-1.jpg

DSC00706-2.jpg

Hi Chems

The hose from the cyclone to the extractor looks quite long (might just be the picture) was this by choice or just the only way to fit it in? Ideally should this hose be as short as possible?

The hose to the drop box seems to be not too long but still allow the easy removal of the lid for bin emptying.

By the way what diameter hoses did you use?

Yeah a shorter run is better, but thats a 3hp extractor, in total there is about 4-5 meters of hose its nothing to it. The next thing I may do is mount the motor above the cyclone and do away with the main body of the extractor and just fit a fine filter cartridge.

Olly, what other way is there to cut things?!

Which extractor is it? Looks like Axminster White or Jet but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

Looks good.

Do you find hanging the pipework from the cyclone like that makes it deform? Is it likely to break the glueline over time? Perhaps a more rigid fixing position would help and then run the pipework from there?

What extractor is it?

Its the new SIP 3hp single bag extractor.

There's no real strain on the ducting, its flexible ducting it will stretch out to 20ft. I did a bit of destruction testing with the cyclones and I found like wood glue the plastic will break before the glue joint will.

Chems how do you find the extractor the sip web site says it moves Air flow : 6963m3/hour that seems to be a lot of suck
Would you say that is correct my curent charnwood 2hp only does 2000 m3 /hour

I think there's a lot of cheating goes on with the manufacture figures, they do it without the bags on and measure it with no pipes, some do some don't we think so can't really go on their figures.

But the SIP extractor has a ton of suck.

I don't know what the filtration of my extractor is, 1 micron bags I think. But the cyclone itself separates the finer dust down into the bin. See how white the bags are from the extractor, thats my sort of measure of how little dust is making it though to the extractor itself that they have stayed clean.

Latest posts

Back