My Cookbook

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
This not a plug for my latest venture! :)

I'm always on the lookout for good recipes (especially for ones that can be scaled down). The internet is full of the things, of course, but keeping track of them can be challenging. I have accounts with half a dozen recipe sites, at least. Tasty, BBC, Simply - the list goes on. They all have ways to save items of interest. But wouldn't it be great if they were all in one place? Sure I can (usually) email them to myself, but it's not ideal.

I have discovered a phone App called My Cookbook. It is brilliant. I find a recipe on the net, press the Share icon and select My Cookbook from the offerings. IT STRIPS OUT ALL THE GUFF. I end up with one photo, an introduction, a set of ingredients and a list of instructions. Not pages of waffle about how their grandmother brought this recipe back from Outer Mongolia after running away with the circus when she was 3. No adverts. Just the meat and potatoes of the recipe.

It's all editable too, so if it is an American recipe that calls for two and a half pounds of sugar, you can edit it it down to something sensible. You can annotate it, adding comments of your own. You can categorize (sic - it's American) them. You can rate them.

You can pay a few dollars to have the ads removed, but TBH I've been using this for a few days and I am yet to see an ad at all. So Excellent and (Ad-) Free. What's not to like?

No affiliation, just a very happy bunny.

MikeG.":td6lpgsk said:
Ad free? Of course it's ad free. The whole internet is ad free.......to those of us who have Adblock Plus.

Trouble is more and more sites won't let you use them (newspapers for example) unless you turn it off.

That's a good shout, Steve. The missus and I always trying to remember where we saw what recipe. We've resorted to a little notebook that lists them by type, with a reference to where they are from and any mods we made.
Thanks for sharing - we'll give it a go.
Greg

Steve Maskery":3hxwd603 said:
This not a plug for my latest venture! :)

I'm always on the lookout for good recipes (especially for ones that can be scaled down). The internet is full of the things, of course, but keeping track of them can be challenging. I have accounts with half a dozen recipe sites, at least. Tasty, BBC, Simply - the list goes on. They all have ways to save items of interest. But wouldn't it be great if they were all in one place? Sure I can (usually) email them to myself, but it's not ideal.

I have discovered a phone App called My Cookbook. It is brilliant. I find a recipe on the net, press the Share icon and select My Cookbook from the offerings. IT STRIPS OUT ALL THE GUFF. I end up with one photo, an introduction, a set of ingredients and a list of instructions. Not pages of waffle about how their grandmother brought this recipe back from Outer Mongolia after running away with the circus when she was 3. No adverts. Just the meat and potatoes of the recipe.

It's all editable too, so if it is an American recipe that calls for two and a half pounds of sugar, you can edit it it down to something sensible. You can annotate it, adding comments of your own. You can categorize (sic - it's American) them. You can rate them.

You can pay a few dollars to have the ads removed, but TBH I've been using this for a few days and I am yet to see an ad at all. So Excellent and (Ad-) Free. What's not to like?

No affiliation, just a very happy bunny.

Back