My camera

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, when I plug in my camera, a Fujifilm to down load some pictures it loads a program that I have on my computer Photoshop 7.
How do I stop it loading this program?
I do not use Photoshop much but don't wont to delete it.

You need to change the default program settings for the device.

Go to Control Panel, Programs, Default programs, Change Auto play settings and scroll down to Devices

You should find your camera listed there with a drop down box to change the default program.

Like he says! You should then be able to treat the camera like any other plug in storage device and move your files around

Reg

I don't plug in my canon slr directly, I just take out the card and use a cheap standard multi card reader via a usb slot.

It loads much quicker and I can load on to laptop or main machines at will.( I use high res and raw files which might make a difference though).

I'm probably OTT but my feeling was that using an expensive camera as a "file transfer tool" is just wearing it out unnecessarily whilst the cards and reader are replaceable.

That's just me being over cautious - bit like using my car to carry bricks and sand when I have a van :) :oops:

Bob

Lons":3f6tl38n said:
I'm probably OTT but my feeling was that using an expensive camera as a "file transfer tool" is just wearing it out unnecessarily whilst the cards and reader are replaceable.

That's just me being over cautious - bit like using my car to carry bricks and sand when I have a van :) :oops:

Bob

But Bob, what about the wear and tear on the camera's card slot taking it in and out so often? :lol: :wink:

Walter

Brittleheart":2svar4xg said:
Lons":2svar4xg said:

Bob

But Bob, what about the wear and tear on the camera's card slot taking it in and out so often? :lol: :wink:

Walter

#-o Hadn't thought of that Walter - you've upset me now :-k

:idea: I'll take fewer photos - that'll sort it :lol:

Bob

Brittleheart":3dk4xa69 said:
Lons":3dk4xa69 said:

Bob

Walter

No different to plugging the cable in and out.

Using a card reader is the far safer option. If there's a power surge or outage when transferring files from a card to the PC, the worst that can happen is that you'll lose some of the files.

If that situation happens when connected via the camera, it could be turned into a brick - not will, but could.

That alone is why I always use a reader to transfer files, nothing to do with speed or wear.

Ray

Argee":32x9cvb0 said:
Using a card reader is the far safer option. If there's a power surge or outage when transferring files from a card to the PC, the worst that can happen is that you'll lose some of the files.

If that situation happens when connected via the camera, it could be turned into a brick - not will, but could.

That alone is why I always use a reader to transfer files, nothing to do with speed or wear.

Ray

Hi Ray, I always connect my camera up to my laptop and upload the photos, never dreaming that it could be damaged :shock: From now on I will be inserting the card :wink:

Thanks for the heads up

cheers

Mike

Back