My Brand Spanking New Website!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice site, and much, much better than previously.

However (why do I always have to be negative..?). I note from the domain records that you are hosting with FastHosts.

I have no previous with FastHosts so I'm not speaking from personal experience, though I did consider them for my hosting some time ago. What they offered looked good, at a good price, and seemed to be everything I needed.

But my contacts within the IT industry warned me away.

I'm sure you'll get excellent service with them and have nothing to worry about, but be aware there are some scary stories about them if you search with google.

That said, it's probably true that there are scary stories about most hosting companies if you bother to look :)

Andrew

Tom - a nice site - well done! Following on from HandyMac's earlier comment re: image size, I noticed that 2 of the images on your product page are still large (about 150K each). Well worth fixing as you don't want customers waiting for your products to display, of all things.

Another tip (re: picture size) is to use thumbnails (v.small versions of each picture), which when clicked on either display a popup window with a hirez image, or take you to a page with a bigger image & more details.

That way your products get display super quickly. I don't know which web tool you're using (if at all), but many have tools/gizmos that allow you to create thumbnails. Failing that, try searching for some free Javascript to do it on the web - there's bound to be something out there that'll do the trick...

Cheers,
Martin.

Thanks for the nice words everyone :D

Martin-I thought i had done that :roll: ill do it again, i like the idea of a thumbnail, i'll look into it!

Andrew-No problems as yet but i will report back if there is anything :p

Ta

Tom!

Just a little update, added a link to next project on the homepage, where you can view the plan for the next project! And also theres a little forum! :p

Ta

Tom

ps.Anyone for the advertising quest?

Back