My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Actually this isn't strictly off-topic but to post this means I have to admit to watching this Channel 4 worst type of TV program on between 9 and 10 in the morning, so I thought I'd come to the Forum's backwater. I accidentally caught it whilst channel hopping on Bank Holiday Monday and have been compelled to watch it ever since. My excuse for this is the superb top end contemporary furniture that features in "The Mansion"'s reception rooms. If anyone else has seen this (and feels they can admit it) and know the maker I'd be pleased to know.

Roy

Cripes, Roy, I was wondering what this one was going to be about... I don't know it, I'm, er, glad to say. Not that I don't have my own bad telly-watching habits mind you, which I will not be confessing. :oops:

On a similar note though, did anyone manage to watch "Messiah" without fainting away? You could just tell the bloke making that (flat pack, I'm convinced) wardrobe in his garage was going to come to a sticky end couldn't you? No safety gear at all, using a circular saw without clamping the work down securely. Tsk. Just about the most horrific bit of the whole show... Still, nice of the murderer to finish of the doors and hang them for him, eh? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Using a circular saw to put together flat pack furniture, blimey has someone put a web cam in my workshop :oops:

Bean you spotted the framing nailer too damn that wood effect chipboard takes some sorting out , gallons of glue, circular saw, framing nailer with 90mm ring shanks and 10 gals o filler. :oops: like i said to her in doors atleast i got it together :lol:

such a relief to learn that the highest standards are alive an well....if not flourishing in this forum...

:D

I can see why BBC had to preadvertise this program, I found it awful I didnt bother to look at the second episode.
So watchout forum members if the BBC keep giving you trailers of a particular program they must be trying to give something an extra boost.

Yep, terrible programme, but then the Beeb has always been very slack when it comes to woodworking... :wink: I caught a bit of some ghastly garden thing a couple of months ago. They were using a wooden jointer backwards (I kid you not) and a two-man peg-tooth cross-cut to saw a plank in half... :roll: Honestly, you wonder why you pay the licence fee sometimes. :evil:

Cheers, Alf

Alf, I couldn't resist adding to this thread since your comments about the BBC seem to coincide with mine. The output of BBC TV is something I don't have to endure anymore. Even the World Service (Once admired all over the world) now seems to drifted into a mediocre copy cat service.

Back