My big achievement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melinda_dd

Established Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share with some 'woody' people!!

I have tonight finished my carpentry course..... 2 years of hard work finished!!

In 6 weeks I will receive my certificate through our letter box for: Level 2 diploma in carpentry and joinery.

My dad started a carpentry course but wasn't able to finish it :( so this one's for him.

Well done you =D>

I just wish there was an evening courses near me. They were all cancelled about 2 years ago just as I was getting interested.

Any wood related plans for the future?

Best of luck,

H.

Well done for sticking with it for that long mate, you should be very proud of yourself.

Halo Jones":1hf4bwiw said:
Well done you =D>

I just wish there was an evening courses near me. They were all cancelled about 2 years ago just as I was getting interested.

Any wood related plans for the future?

Best of luck,

H.

Canceling of courses is a problem now. Aparently it's something to do with the goverment not providing as much funding to subsidise courses.

First plans are to fit a new interior in a vw camper i have just bought, the partner also wants a small lean too green house!.
That should keep me busy for a while!

monkeybiter":tfuel0h0 said:
Now you've got time to rejoin the turning challenge :)

This is very true ... I did do one but missed the cut off and i did give last month some serious thought....just didn't get round to turning anything .
Also switched my lathe on for the first time in months the other day.... Made a mushroom... Sold it!

devonwoody":2923m3sv said:
Congratulations, and best wishes to the future.

I see Doctor Bob is in your area and has a vacancy :wink:

i did notice that And happen to do a route finder to see how close he is Unfortunately he is still an hour away and i think my wages would be eaten in petrol .

Im also not sure I'd qualify as experienced having just finishing my course. It was 1 yr bench work and 1 yr site carpentry stuff.

Gutting though because that would be my ideal job .. In a workshop making things in wood.

:-:)-(

Dodge":1ylh5q26 said:
Well done - hard work always pays off!

Thank you. It certainly has.... I got 91.1% in my final exam and distinctions in all my practical tasks!

I hope it will pay off job wise one day!

Melinda_dd":uipw868t said:
Halo Jones":uipw868t said:
Well done you =D>

First plans are to fit a new interior in a vw camper i have just bought,
Be interested to hear how the refit goes. Daughter and S-in-Law are on their second VW van, first a wreck of a T25 diesel Transporter which took them from the Faeroes to Spain via the Baltic countries and home before dying, now a nearly completed T5 which is currently in Norway. Any tips about things worth doing/things to avoid?

Same from me to Melinda!

When I first met my OH she was just finishing an Open University course in Pure Maths and Computing and after her own efforts she came out with flying colours in both after 6 years. I know just how much more difficult it is to come out with those colours because of your own efforts and not just sitting in a class because you have to.

Well done lass! Good luck :D

Back