My afternoon's work...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Just spent a merry afternoon in the shed...I think I might be getting the hang of this bowl malarkey at last!

I thought I would share my efforts - very basic designs, but I'm quite pleased with the results!

bigbrownbowl.jpg

smallashbowl.jpg

Thanks guys !

The top one is Bubinga and is just fine sanded and sealed with shellac, the bottom one is Ash, sealed and waxed.

I'm really getting into my hobby now, and enjoying it enormously.
I've found a great tutor, Ian Durrant, who lives locally - top bloke, great turner and very patient!

Roohster,

Looks really good. I do like the finish on the ash one.
It's amazing just what can be turned out for just a few hours work.

You know, I have a feeling that this slope is steeper and far more slippery than any of the others.

Yeah, the Ash one did finish rather well, I was surprised at the nice grain that was revealed once I started cutting.
The finish was just one of those wax sticks you hold against the piece at high speed to melt it. (I'm sure there's a more technical name for them...)

Nice work, roohster - getting the hang of it pretty quickly, eh? :wink: Nice choice of woods, too. Bubinga and ash are two of my favourites.
You were warned that it can be addictive - remember? :lol: :lol:

Barry,

You might well be on to something there! :roll: :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Very addictive!

I did theAsh one second and after turning the Bubinga one, it was like cutting butter :D

I'm racking my brains now for an idea for this competition that's going on...

Lovely job Roohster. Far better than my early efforts this weekend. I know what you mean about this bowl turning being addictive :wink:

Back