Must be the sun - I've lost it!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Today is the first day I can remember when I just couldn't drum up any enthusiasm for the workshop :( I usually can't wait to get in there and pl eh, work.
I had free time (so rare) but no motivation. I spent all &%^$£ day yesterday and 4 hours this morning fixing three other peoples' PCs which may explain it to some extent and it has been a rather pleasant sunny day but......

Have I 'lost it' Where will I find 'it' if lost???

Yours worried ( and to be honest a little fed up!)
Tony

Oooooo, I get that. 'Orrible isn't it? I try to keep a list of little pottering tasks to do at times like that, just something to kick start me again. Doesn't necessarily work mind you, but at least you end up with something ticked off on the never-ending workshop-tuit list. :wink: Don't worry, "it" will appear again. Almost certainly. Probably anyway... :|

'Course I'm seldom wrong :roll: , but just in case there's a first time, I bag first dibs on the L-Ns. :mrgreen: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

moved the workmate out onto the deck in the sun and spent a couple of hours trimming down drawers with the hand plane :)

might have to plan the workload so that all the small hand tool jobs get left for when the sun is shining

Alf":1rizjx70 said:

'Course I'm seldom wrong :roll: , but just in case there's a first time, I bag first dibs on the L-Ns. :mrgreen: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

That did it!! I nipped into the workshop to check the LNs were still there :evil: and thought I'd just plane a board, you know just one........

Hi MP
That sounds like a good idea.
The only problem could be the traditional british weather.
Do you think it would play ball or result in a large backlog
of small hand tool jobs

John

Yeah,
I know how you feel-the sun doesn't always encourage you to descend into the workshop. :cry:
I took my "Arbortech" out onto the deck and carved up a couple of logs-at least it was outside! :D
regards,
Philly

With the time I tend to take with projects, I run into this very same thing all too frequently... experience has tought me that sometimes it's best not forcing yourself to go into the shop if your head or heart isn't in it... f*ups happen...

take advantage of the time out... give yourself a break away from it to recharge the "batteries".... the enthusiasm hasn't gone.... it just needs a wee breather...

Sit down, have a few beers, survey the workshop & equipment and appreciate what you got. Fall over go to bed, and try and remeber the next morning the projects that were planned at the bottom of the beer can!!! :D :D :D

Well you could make a start on those 'bird nesting boxes' Tony :wink: :D
I know the feeling generated by fixing other people's PC's, it's the worst thing on this planet to put you off doing anything for a while, but it'll pass and you'll soon be back in your workshop creating this, that and the other! :)

Ahh Dr, you remember the birdboxes!!

Strangely I talked with my daughter about those self same things this evening and they could be made by the other side of the weekend if I can get a few other projects finished :)

These include two 'dunlop bridges' a la Donnington park (800mm wide though). They each contain an optical sensor to detect autonomously controlled model cars (similar to remote control racing cars but with no humans involved) as they shoot past .

The strange things I get involved in :roll:

Back