Music Stand lives again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone, I forget who, unwisely asked if the Music Stand of Myth and Legend would see the light of day on the face of the 'net again. Bad luck, 'cos it has. Ah, the good old days when I used to occasionally make something. :roll: Should you wish to re-live them again, point your browser to my website. Having had it in the same room as me over my weekend sojourn in Devon, I'm pleased to say I didn't feel the urge to cover it over 'cos it looked so bad. I was just a bit chuffed in fact. :oops: It's gone a lovely colour too; should have taken a picture. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Look Adam! Spokeshave in use! And they said it couldn't be done... :p

Alf,
Cheers for posting that, I hadn't seen it. Nice work Lady! :D
I see that your router "experiences" haven't helped with your kicking the handtool habit! :lol:
Get in that workshop and let's see some more.
Cheers
Philly :D

Alf":3m1i611r said:
P.S. Look Adam! Spokeshave in use! And they said it couldn't be done... :p

OK, I saw 1 in use, what about all those others? :roll:

Anyway nice project, nice to see someone else making mistakes only took me 7 legs when making the oak table for my sister, before I got 4 useable ones - bloody routers, taught me a lesson for fence guided routing - next time it'll be in the woodrat :)

Another real project no less, I'm gearing up for another big one soon.

Adam

A lovely stand Alf and nice web pages :wink:

I see you managed to use the Rat in there somewhere but the 'Sugar Tong Vice' wouldn't give me much confidence :?

Let's see some more spoke shaves in action :p

Cheers

Tony

Was it really Aug 2002 :eek: That has gone quickly. Nice to see the Music Stand is back on the internet :)

Charley":1qyog43j said:
Was it really Aug 2002 :eek: That has gone quickly.
Hasn't it just. :shock: (You still here? I thought you'd be bobbin' on the oggin by now :D )

Well I wasn't fishing for compliments, although it's always nice; just thought one or two people might be wondering if I ever made anything, or only ever gassed about it. :lol:

Adam, I did say spokeshave, singular. The others do get used, really they do - I just don't have any evidence. :(

Tony, surprisingly the sugar tong vice works very well. One of the Godfreys better notions for the 'Rat in fact. I've even held on to it for the "next time" (23 months and counting...)

Cheers, Alf

A fantastic tale, Alf, and told in your unique style. Proof that Chris doesn't have the exclusive license for giving excellent website descriptions of a project

The end result looks super - I particularly like the ebony pegs and the coin set in to the upright (an idea I'll be stealing if you don't mind :wink: )

NeilCFD

'Tis a thing of beauty, Alf. And nice to have it back online.

So was that the most recent project you completed?

Pete W":2o9zm7xu said:
So was that the most recent project you completed?
Now you really didn't have to ask that, Pete, did you. Eh? Did you? :oops: Let's just say it's the last thing of any size or complexity to make it out of the workshop... :roll:

Neil, steal away. I think I stole it from someone else anyway. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":q4v67j8a said:
Now you really didn't have to ask that, Pete, did you. Eh? Did you? :oops:

Sorry :p.

But if you do feel guilty, you could always go and make something else. Hmmm? :).

Alf - it's a lovely piece of craftswomanship. I love the coin idea. Really nice touch. And an excellent picture diary of all the highs and lows!
Nice one!

Latest posts

Back