Music in the workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom K":3qov1ios said:
I fully understand what you are saying Jake and the reason that you constantly refer to theft and stealing to try gain the moral high ground.

It isn't a moral high ground, it is just a fact. Theft of music has become common place and has changed the economics of the industry, and somehow it has become accepted in the way other sorts of theft are not considered to be acceptable.

The opinion you express that the PRS are forced to act the way they do

I have not said that they are forced to act in that way, and I have said that I think that it is unfortunate, regrettable and OTT that they do. I have also said that I do not think that their should be charges for small businesses where the use is incidental and not for profit.

I don't think I could be much more clear, but you persist in reading words into my posts which aren't there, and missing/ignoring words which I do write.

All I am saying that the driver of these unfortunate, regrettable and OTT actions is the push to raise revenue from other sources which the mass thievery has removed from the industry. That does not make the actions fortunate, unregrettable or under the top, and I have said nothing to the contrary.

is balderdash the law has given them a big stick and they are using it, unfortunately the more we give in to them the bigger the stick gets.

I suggest you take that up with them then. Unfortunately, people who have IP rights are entitled not to let you use things, or to only use things for purposes they consent to, and it is a bit difficult in the current circumstances to see them being willing to let go of revenue sources which they can enforce.

jimi43":2ls9cntv said:
WOW....glad I discovered this thread.

I've been meaning to make a musical soapbox for simply ages! :mrgreen:

Better keep it indoors.

jimi43":3qzguy5l said:

Jim

Heck, I thought it was going to be a thread about what people were listening to.

Kirk
heading back out to the shop, where the CD player has been loaded with an odd selection of 70's (Linda Ronstadt & ELO) plus current music (Train & 3 Doors Down)...

kirkpoore1":eu3hcky3 said:
jimi43":eu3hcky3 said:

Jim

Heck, I thought it was going to be a thread about what people were listening to.

Kirk
heading back out to the shop, where the CD player has been loaded with an odd selection of 70's (Linda Ronstadt & ELO) plus current music (Train & 3 Doors Down)...

That would be a much better thread. I'm not in my (domestic, outside of PRS view) workshop but have been through Husker Du/Ryan Adams/Silver Machine/Dylan (JWH) so far tonight. All paid for, as the ******* drummers will be glad to know especially. Big Macao coming up next (out of copyright, I suspect).

Back