Music Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am building a music/jewelry box for my daughter. I was wondering if anyone had ever fitted one of the musical movements before. They basically have a barrel and a wire lever which when pressed down prevents the music from playing. I assume you fix the movement itself to the bottom of the box but how do you then get the wire to reach the box lid? It also came with two small lengths (about 1.5 inches) of brass rod with holes drilled in one end but cannot see how these help although I am sure they do.

Would be grateful for any advice from anyone who has fitted one of these before.

Have built a number of things which have benefited from the great advice I have received from a number of you for which I think you. Now if I could just work out how to post pictures I could share some of these with you!

Hi Kev,

the only music box I have seen is the jewellery box type where the movement is enclosed in a boxed in section within the main compartment. The movement itself is on a platform rather than on the bottom of the box so that the bar reaches the lid.

Not sure what your brass wires are for - sorry!

Steve.

Latest posts

Back