Mushroom/ Fungi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distinterior

Established Member
Reaction score
A bit of a long shot here Gents but maybe someone may be able to tell me what I have found growing in my planter in the garden.

I built the planter about 10 years ago over the spot where a large evergreen fir tree stood. The tree was really big and it dominated the garden, so I cut it down.

Over the years, we have tipped our grass cuttings in there on the odd occasion and then added bags of compost.

About 4 weeks ago, I spotted a couple of what you see in the pictures below, growing in a couple of places within the planter.
Since then, the initial ones seemed to die back but in the last couple of days a load more have appeared, almost double the original amount.
The brick is to show scale.

Does anyone know what they may be or if they are harmful..? (I have 2 cats that do go up on the planter)

The only 2 things that I have growing in the planter are a White Grape Vine and, unusually, an indoor plant that has done really well whilst planted here.
I have not introduced anything new into the planter recently that has not been put in there for years....

20201025_103454.jpg
20201025_103508.jpg
20201025_103526.jpg

Latest posts

Back