musclechuck compatibility

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Its time to buy a new toy OOOPS, TOOL, I meant TOOL, honest :roll: :shock:

I want a musclechuck for my makita router. According to the website I need a type 9.
But heres the question. Can I use my makita 1/4", 3/8", and 8 mm adaptor sleeves in it, or do I have to buy all those as well?

And of course, wheres the cheapest place to buy?

The Musclechuck is 1/2" so your adaptors should fit, bought mine from Woodworkers Workshop as it was the only place available in the UK at the time, but can't see a type 9 on their web site.

just ordered the type 9, WW have just got that one in stock.
Good price too.
Hope to have it by the middle of next week.
Then I'll find out if I need adaptors or not.

I use all my standard addapter sleeves (not smaller collets!) in my MC.

I got mine from the Woodrat people who also sell them.

Simon

I now have it in the router, but due to circumstances beyond my control (3 small grandchildren here for the duration) i havent had a serious play with it.

100% easier to change bits, but on the first use the motor has a harsh note and is noticeably louder, so I shall have to go through the balancing procedure.

Bob I had that with mine, but a turn of about 30 degs in the chuck cured it, I think it's just a matter of just keep turning it a bit until it smooths out.

the instructions say 45 degrees at a time, but i suspect it will need fine tuning several times. Is the noise level on yours the same as before it was fitted? It would help me to know if I should expect extra noise.

I don't think it's any noisier than without it, but it is inside a collecting box below the table this may reduce the noise somewhat, I did have different extender on it prior to getting the MC and its was awful, the vibration was very bad, the MC cured all that, had it in the table for a few years now and still working well.

Back