Murphy bed hardware

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wizard

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone in the forum constructed a Murphy style bed at any point? Getting hold of plans seems easy enough but I would like to source the hardware in the UK if possible.

Cheers

The Wiz

Hi Wiz

Murphy Beds are an American company, and their web site includes a "Build a Bed on Line" section which is well worth taking a look at. I believe that their distributor in the UK is Murphy Wall Beds UK. By the way - they aren't cheap.

Scrit

Isaac Lord & Woodfit also sell the hardware for fold-up beds.

Jason

Jason

The Wooodfit only comes in 4ft 6in (std. double size) and it's not that much cheaper than the Murphy one. Hafele do a similar item called a double foldaway bed and a lower cost unit, but they also list a single foldaway bed. The Isaac Lord Create-a-Bed units are considerably cheaper, have you ever used one? Any good? I've used a Murphy in the past at a customer's request (they were American) and they are substantial and well made. Main thing is to ensure that they are properly bolted down (through the floor).

Scrit

I found a company about a year ago near portsmouth that sell the system but i cant find the paperwork they sent me anywhere . ill keep looking for it :D

wiz the folding gear is not cheap my lad wanted one some time back and when he found out the price for the gear with out the wood :shock: :roll: :roll: he sort of left it :D :D saved me having to make it .

frank

Latest posts

Back