Multitools -Bosch Allrounder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Some time ago I picked up one of these on special offer on one of the Axi discount days I think possibly. Not entirely sure if I would get much use out of one in practice I was reluctant to splash on the Fein or Bosch pro versions, but thought it worth fifty or sixty quid to prove the concept as it were.

Sure enough, didn't actually get much use out of it and has sat in it's case in the workshop unused for the last year or two, apart from and occasional quick job.

Having being stripping and refurbing'/refitting our cloakroom recently though, it has finally earned it's keep and has become indispensable really.

Have used it for cutting out old copper and plastic pipes, grinding back sticking out bits of mortar and plaster, cutting out old battening and nails, sanding down ply boxing and plaster, all sorts really. The dust extraction is surprisingly good too when using the sanding pad.

All in all, totally sold on the concept for doing any refurb' or fitting work around the home. The only reason I guess I didn't get much use out of it before was that I wasn't doing much of that kind of work rather than the tool itself !

This particular cheap diy level tool does however sound like a bag of spanners in use and you're hands go numb after using it for a few minutes due to the vibrations, but it does seem very effective and when it does eventually give up the ghost I wouldn't hesitate to spend a bit more on a Fein version next time I have any work to do around the house or similar.

Have found that of all places, Argos do a limited range of the cutters at a fraction of the price of most places (and with free p&p) so well worth ordering some online, and have recently got a set of these http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/product_i ... ucts_id=74 from Saxton Blades (they do a whole range) which I haven't used in anger yet but look good quality and well made and good value compared to branded ones from elsewhere.

Anyway, back to the plastering and coving today :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Paul

I also have the same tool Paul and I use the Saxton blades with it. They are great and I have used mine a lot cutting on kitchen jobs. I have also used the sander side of it and is very handy for tight spaces. I have even sharpened one of the wood cutting blades with a needle file when I ran out of blades for it. (It was an emergency at the time) Great little tool at that price too. :D

I blunted a couple of metal cutting blades getting through a bunch of nails Alan, and was going to chuck them away, but decided to keep them as rough scrapers for taking off residual tile adhesive, filler and stuff, and they work well for that. Might try re-filing some teeth too, just for fun, though might not work on the metal cutting blades :)

Cheers, Paul

Recently bought the Argos version, it's £20 cheaper at the moment, and a set of saxton blades + adaptor.
It's already earned its keep so money well spent. Agree about the vibrations, wouldn't want to make any lengthy cuts with it. The blades can be re-sharpened if you have the patience/are tight like me but I do have to wear my joe 90 magnifier headset to see what I'm doing.

I've the Bosch one too - very useful for those awkward tasks.
Before I bought mine, I borrowed a friends Fein to cut through a couple of screws in a kitchen unit - dismayed at how quickly the very expensive bi metal saw head wore out!

Rod

Back