multistar duplex chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymarky

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to a manual / instructions for a multistar duplex chuck, i don`t own this chuck but a friend has one and has forgotten how it works. i`ve done the usual googling to no avail.
thanks, mark.

Mark,

if you search for "Multistar Chuck" on Fleabay, you'll generally find somebody who's been advertising the instruction booklet at 99p. over and over again. I suspect that it might be the outfit that bought out Hegner UK some time ago.

If it's not there now, save your Search, it's bound to pop up again soon!

I've got the manual, with a chuck that I bought intending to re-thread it for the Myford, but never go the necessary tuit. Could scan it for you, if that doesn't infringe someone's copyright, or would possibly be interested in selling chuck and instructions.

thanks for the replies everone, sorry for the late reply i gave notice on my job on friday as i`m starting my own business so have been a bit busy.
dickm that would be amazingly kind if you could scan it for me, but no rush at all.
cheers, mark.

Hi all.

Could someone help, i have just purchased an new lathe and i have a multistar duplex chuck with it. It has no manual, could someone help please?

Best Regards

Howard.

The company who took over the Multistar range is a German Company (http://www.multistargroup.com ) the contact there is Werner Wolfrum if you need to contact Werner you can so do by emailing [email protected].

However, they do have a UK outlet a Brian Fitzsimmons (www.constablewoodcrafts.co.uk) or [email protected] . Phone number (0)1206 299400.

Brian helped obtain a new backing plate for my new lathe last year. Of note I have a Multistar chuck as part of my chucking systems. I bought it new over twenty years ago and it has been faultless, and it has moved through the 3 lathes I have has. The range of attachments / jaws gave it a flexibility that modern chuck system seems to be lacking. The only downside is that it can be fiddly to set up.

Hope the aforementioned of use to you.

Kind regards
Aden

i have this chuck the mklll but can never get it to work. i need a manual. or a picture to show how to mount a piece of wood on the chuck, i just cant get the hang of it.

steve

Dalboy":1aonp4y6 said:
If you want a copy of the Duplex chuck PM me your e mail address

Hi Dalboy i cant seem to find how to send you a PM could you message me and i will reply back with my email.
i would be very greatfull.

Best Regards
Steve

Sorry, The post was on the AWGB Forum. Here they are

Attachments

• page 1.jpg
    page 1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 8,615
  • page 2.jpg
    page 2.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 8,609
  • page 3.jpg