Multico tenoning jig for 9 inch planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosinante

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Does any one have one of these?if so could you post up a couple of pics please ,I imagine that they will be rare as hens teeth so with a apiccy or two and a couple of measurements I will be attempting to make one ,thaks for reading

cheers
Chris

mult1.jpg

mult2.jpg

Hi thanks for quick reply,the planer is the same as mine ,the jig is gonna take more building than I thought,maybe I will look for a used one for sale hens teeth I expect!,Thanks again
Chris

It is a very useful peace of kit, best of luck finding one dude.

Does yours have the rails on it? if so I've made a softwood table that sits on it with a mitre slot cut into which may help you with what you need, I'll take some more pic's tomoz

Hi Shane,

I have one, but I had not got around to using it! To be honest I had forgotten all about it until I saw you pictures. :oops:

How easy is it to setup and use? I get called upon to make some large tenons in hard and softwood, as well as batches of them which gets to be v boring, so anything that helps.

The top clamp has gone on my one, but I guess I can make somthing similar.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

rosinante":2zwclxzi said:
Hi thanks for quick reply,the planer is the same as mine ,the jig is gonna take more building than I thought,maybe I will look for a used one for sale hens teeth I expect!,Thanks again
Chris

Just a thought, but my old Lurem had a slot morticing table that bolted to the side of the planer. I never used it, and sold it on, but there are probably others lying around somewhere, and it might be possible to adapt something like that to do the job? Might be easier than starting from scratch if you can't find a toothed hen?

Ive spent all evening ( i have dial up) trawling through the entire site looking for any info on the Multico planer and i come back to page one and lo and behold there is one . I bought this model on Fri .cheers for the pics now i have a clue how it fits together again .

Hi shane thanks for you replies,would it be possible to post apic of the rail attachment/bracket arrangement.thanks
chris
PS this machine cost me the princely sum of £77 on the bay!

Graeme - set up is easy, set the right hand table to give the correct cheek depth cut, and set the fence for the tenon length, clamp down wood and off you go, peace of p*ss

rosinante - pic's on the way...

Photo618.jpg

Photo619.jpg

I use this for raised and fielded panels, you could do something similar for tenoning but you would need a much more sturdy sliding fence and a clamping system

Before anyone says anything, I wasn't using this machine with that trailing lead as it was :lol:

Hi shane thanks for pics,good idea for fielding panels!Not had chance to do anything yet,weather too nice!

Back