MULTICO PLANER S.L.9"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John0

Reaction score
I own a 9" multico planer. The table has become very difficult to drop/raise using the wheel and handle. I understand that multico moved to france around 20 yrs ago and I dont have a manual. I cannot readily see how I can ease and lubricate it. Does anyone have any experience of this or does a manual offering guidance exist ?

Mod Edit:- Please refrain from using all Capitals, difficult for most people to read.

I got one of these a while ago and it was pretty rusty. I took one of the tables off to see how it worked and it was a pig to work on. To take the table off you have to drift two bars which house the grease nipples. At the side of the table their are grease nipples. While I was takeing one side to bits I removed most of the rust from the other side and sprayed wd40 and oil liberally and let it be. By the time I had de-rusted and put the side back together the side I had left was starting to ease off and move abit. If I remember I will take a pic of where to clean and lube.
HTH
Mark

Just a thought. A friend has a Multico universal jobby. It turns out it is the same as a ShopSmith model. In fact he could not get a Multico manual, but did manage to get hold of one for the ShopSmith equivalent. Perhaps your planer is the same.

xy

Thanks guys I have used wd40 and achieved some movement over the last week. Will keep trying to free the table. Right now the wheel needs both hands to turn it. the thread is ok.

Latest posts

Back