multico m1 morticer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selly

Established Member
Reaction score
I got one of these but not used it yet. i can't figure out how to change the chisel and bit - it seems one has rusted stuck in there or something.

Don't want to brute force anything. Is there a manual of this or a very similar one somewhere to download?

try loads of wd 40 and let it sit, the grub screw holding in the rotating piece in the spindle or the grub screw that holds on the chisel bit may be shorn. I presume there is a little door on the front where you can see all this stuff

I think mine is the same and I have the manual so pm me if nothing else comes up here:)

on the drilling piece its the lower grub screw u work on the upper one holds the fitting onto the motor shaft.

[ hope u follow my non-tech lingo]

If WD-40 doesn't do it, you could also try 3-in-1's Penetrating Spray - I used some recently to free up some parts on my disc sander and it worked brilliantly.

on the one we used to have in addition to the grub screw there was a thin round knurled nut at the top of the chisel that had to be loosened off - these can get very tight with lack of use and we periodically had to use a pair of mole grips and a mallet to loosen it

Ive sold ours to JmcK now so cant provide pics - tho john might help further.

Hope this isn't too late.

Excuse the rust :(

Grub screws top holding the sleeve to the motor shaft and bottom holding the auger in the sleeve.

IMG_3070.jpg

The collar and the pinch bolt holding the chisel. Both have to be set up when inserting the chisel.

IMG_3071.jpg

I have a similar problem with the sleeve being stuck on the motorshaft but the auger is free so it does not affect use.

As has been said, try doses of releasing oil. I can't see you doing any damage by trying to push it off. As far as I can see the ideal would be to stop the motor shaft from rotating so that you can apply a twisting (rotating) force to the auger and/or the sleeve.

If you PM me an e-mail address I will send you a copyof the manual.There isn't much too it but it may help.

Nice pics:)

Just to add that the horizontal bolt in the second pic is a 2 part cotter pin like mechanism so that needs to be loose also to entirely remove the chisel set.

It holds in the chisel set and is the knurled ring is used to adjust the clearance between bit and chisel at the cutting end.

The bit part should be fitted so as it tight up against the top of the sleeve so it cant move upwards when the pressure comes on and ruin the chisel set by impacting on the chisel.[ hope u follow my non-tech terms:) ]

I always put a piece of timber on the bench under the chisel when changing as its easy to let either the drill or chisel, or both slip and fall.

Back