Multico M1 morticer bushing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acewoodturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to make some bushings for my Multico morticer and was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of steel the bushing was made from or have a recommendation. I have one bushing which came with it which was for a half inch chisel and bit so I think I will just make some more of a similar size and just bore them to suit.

Mike

It's not under any particular stress. I made mine from ordinary EN1A free-cutting mild steel as it's cheap and works just fine - I'm assuming you have access to a metal-cutting lathe.

Thanks for the replies so far. I have a cnc lathe so am goung to use that to make about 4 different sized ones.

Mike

I had one made for a Record Morticer I had and as far as I know it was just mild steel. As Norman says, it's not under any stress, just a spacer really so pretty much anything will do.

Think the ones on my Multico started life as part of the seat hinging mechanism of a two-door Volvo 120 from the 1960s! So basically, any steel, or brass would do.

The one that was in it when I got it was all rusty and it took a bit of effort to get it out. The brass one sounds like a good idea to prevent it happening again. That said my workshop is nice and dry and I dont have that problem.
Thank yoiu for your suggestions

Mike

Back