Multi-function machines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary H

Established Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get the 'woodshack' watertight in
Okay guys, I'm seriously limited on space here ( we're talking 8ft square of shed space and not really any room for expansion unless i can get planning permission - from the missus!).

So is a combination machine a good solution to an ever increasing problem. If so, what should I look for?

I've seen a Tekna 6-in-1 combi from Machine Mart for about £760 but never heard of them and can't find a website for the product or the manufacturer.Looks nice but, all that glitters.... :arrow:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=060610156&r=2130&g=116

Ta muchly in advance..

Gary

http://www.nmauk.com/sitepages/14_Tekna.html

You can see a bit more at NMA_Agencies, I know they are importers of lots of stuff - so it might be they distribute to machinemart also. Their telephone number is 01484 400 488.

8ft? Thats loads of space. I work from 10 x 8ft - and admittedly it's tight for space - but well, that keeps everything efficient doesn't it?

Have a look in the gallery, and then in the workshops under "Adam's Workshop" - that should give you a good idea of how I squeeze everything in.

I'm just "creating" (as if by magic) some space to squeeze the planer thicknesser in as well as the table saw. It *is* possible.

I would avoid limiting yourself to such a small machine, if you get rid of the lawnmower, cans of paint et it's amazing how much you can get in there!

Adam

Dammit Adam, what did you do - build the workshop around the TS2500 whilst it was in place!!?? :shock: :lol:

I must admit though your workshop has inspired me to be a little more creative with the space I have.
(BTW. just checked dims. and its more like 7-ish sq/ft)
I think it's time fer a clearout. And to learn how NOT to be such an accumulator! :oops:
Right, where's me pencil 'n' paper..

Cheers

Gary

As I have observed before, Adam can make all the bits but where the hell does he put them all together, let alone finish them?

My shop is a bit (not a lot) bigger than his but even so most of my furniture lives partially assembled somewhere in the house until it's finished (that's why you see our dining room in so many of my shots). Then it's back to a cleared out shop for the finishing process before I can finally get rid of what ever I was building.

Still, like Adam says - or rather as I translate, "Err on the large side!"

OK, I do have to do final assembly of some things in the house, but, I do have a full size workbench in there, and the saw blade can be retracted on the table saw to create another working surface.

I've just spent the third night this week trying to empty some more stuff out to create space for this P/T. I decided all the electrical and tiling stuff must go in the house (cables, tile cutters, grout etc). This has freed up quite a bit of space. Also, I've just noticed the chargers for botht he phone and the electric screwdriver can go up on the wall - so I should finally get my bench back!

I am, however, resigned to building another shed to store the bikes, as the currently they are in the workshop with me, and I need the space.

Adam

Latest posts

Back