Mule Chest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Some of you (i.e. Alf :p) may remember that a while ago, I posted pics of some hand tools I had inherited. The original owner of the tools (not the person I inherited them from) was quite a keen woodworker, and my Mum has a few pieces he made. I thought some of you might like to see some of the work, so I asked my Mum to take some pictures. First up, a Mule chest (or does it have to have drawers to be a mule chest?) in Oak unless I'm mistaken. Done entirely with hand tools which I find very inspiring, especially when I have one of my frequent thoughts of 'I can't possibly make project XYZ until I've bought a whizz-bang Festool/Makita/Jet/Scheppach gizmo with added whizzy bits'

I hope you enjoy the pictures :)

Chest001.jpg

Chest002.jpg

Chest003.jpg

Chest004.jpg

Chest005.jpg

Cheers,

Neil

Wow a splendid chest :D

I wonder if we all worry about going too quickly hence the wizzbang tools..........But then again I realise how long it takes me to produce anything :roll:

Bean

Neil,

That is a beautiful chest and with some very nice touches (the mason's mitres, the carving and the chamfered posts for example) Very inspirational!

Hi Neil

What a beautiful chest.

As you obviously don't need your Festool equipment I'll pick it up next time I'm over. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

DaveL":1wzarp5w said:
Loverly chest, you will be making similar now you have all the right tools?
Unfortunately I only inherited the tools, Dave, not the skills to go with them! There are a few (power) tools on my wishlist before I attempt one of these :wink:

Bean":1wzarp5w said:
I wonder if we all worry about going too quickly hence the wizzbang tools..........But then again I realise how long it takes me to produce anything
This is my problem too - judging by my productivity with power tools, if I attempted this without them I would be lucky to complete it by 2010!

Chris, the Mason's Mitres are my favourite features :D

Neil, so generous of you, feel free to pop in for them whenever you like :p

Neil

What a lovely piece, paritcularly the chamfered posts. Much as I like hand tools I think I'll stick to the tailed stuff

neil its a cracker and i bet you wont find any jap chisels or cost the earth modern planes in with the tools . was the little efelump in the chest yours by any chance :wink: :wink:

frank

frank":1pd1sjv8 said:
was the little efelump in the chest yours by any chance :wink: :wink:
Damn! I knew I should have edited that photo a bit :lol: No, the efelump must have been my sister's, although I have to admit that the little hedgehog beside it looks familiar :oops: Mothers and the things they keep, eh? :roll:

Neil

Sorry Neil,
Should of read the intro better instead of just looking at the pictures.....DOH!
Anyway, i know you can do as good if not better :D (licks butt and slowly backs away...... :roll: )
Cheers
Philly :D

Latest posts

Back