Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Mule Chest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Some of you (i.e. Alf :p) may remember that a while ago, I posted pics of some hand tools I had inherited. The original owner of the tools (not the person I inherited them from) was quite a keen woodworker, and my Mum has a few pieces he made. I thought some of you might like to see some of the work, so I asked my Mum to take some pictures. First up, a Mule chest (or does it have to have drawers to be a mule chest?) in Oak unless I'm mistaken. Done entirely with hand tools which I find very inspiring, especially when I have one of my frequent thoughts of 'I can't possibly make project XYZ until I've bought a whizz-bang Festool/Makita/Jet/Scheppach gizmo with added whizzy bits'

I hope you enjoy the pictures :)

Cheers,

Neil

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
Neil,
Very nice. The carving adds something special to it as well.

Andy

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow a splendid chest :D

I wonder if we all worry about going too quickly hence the wizzbang tools..........But then again I realise how long it takes me to produce anything :roll:

Bean

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Neil,

That is a beautiful chest and with some very nice touches (the mason's mitres, the carving and the chamfered posts for example) Very inspirational!

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Neil

What a beautiful chest.

As you obviously don't need your Festool equipment I'll pick it up next time I'm over. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
DaveL":1wzarp5w said:
Loverly chest, you will be making similar now you have all the right tools?
Unfortunately I only inherited the tools, Dave, not the skills to go with them! There are a few (power) tools on my wishlist before I attempt one of these :wink:

Bean":1wzarp5w said:
I wonder if we all worry about going too quickly hence the wizzbang tools..........But then again I realise how long it takes me to produce anything
This is my problem too - judging by my productivity with power tools, if I attempted this without them I would be lucky to complete it by 2010!

Chris, the Mason's Mitres are my favourite features :D

Neil, so generous of you, feel free to pop in for them whenever you like :p

Neil

A

Anonymous

What a lovely piece, paritcularly the chamfered posts. Much as I like hand tools I think I'll stick to the tailed stuff

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Philly":ndfp6amj said:
well done
erm, you don't think I made it, do you Philly? I can't even take credit for the photos :roll:
Neil

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
neil its a cracker and i bet you wont find any jap chisels or cost the earth modern planes in with the tools . was the little efelump in the chest yours by any chance :wink: :wink:

frank

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
frank":1pd1sjv8 said:
was the little efelump in the chest yours by any chance :wink: :wink:
Damn! I knew I should have edited that photo a bit :lol: No, the efelump must have been my sister's, although I have to admit that the little hedgehog beside it looks familiar :oops: Mothers and the things they keep, eh? :roll:

Neil

dickm

Established Member
Reaction score
Dunno about the things your Mother keeps, but you certainly ought to congratulate her on the polishing!

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry Neil,
Should of read the intro better instead of just looking at the pictures.....DOH!
Anyway, i know you can do as good if not better :D (licks butt and slowly backs away...... :roll: )
Cheers
Philly :D