Much excitement - Record Sabre 350 bandsaw ordered

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Popey
Do you have an update on your Sabre 350 and did you have any trouble getting it delivered into your garage ?
I also live in Swindon and got my Sabre 350 in Feb.
Very pleased with it except for the crappy blade supplied with it !
Currently waiting for a new blade from Tuff saws for some re sawing !
I had no problems - the driver put the pallet in the garage and it took a couple of hours to set it up.
I take it that you did have problems?
I had no real issues with the OEM blade, though I have now changed it out for one of the blades from the RP three-pack that I bought with the saw.
I love the machine - it's a lot of bandsaw for the money and I have no regrets buying it. I do have some Tuffsaws blades for it as well but I'm saving those for when I start to build my bench in a couple of months time.
Hope you're enjoying your machine.

Cheers

Mark

I was surprised by this post.
My chip ITECH extractor does an amazing job of picking up all dust etc.

It does sit next to my bandsaw with a hose length of 1m

So maybe its an extractor issue rather than a bandsaw issue.

Just my experience...
I currently have a Record Power DX1000 shop vac with a 100mm hose. It collects some dust but not very much. I've built a prototype secondary dust collector à la Steve Maskery but my first tests weren't particularly encouraging. I have ordered a chip extractor (to go with a new planer-thicknesser which is also on order). I suspect that a HVLP system will clear the dust much more effectively than the LVHP DX1000.

I had no problems - the driver put the pallet in the garage and it took a couple of hours to set it up.
I take it that you did have problems?
I had no real issues with the OEM blade, though I have now changed it out for one of the blades from the RP three-pack that I bought with the saw.
I love the machine - it's a lot of bandsaw for the money and I have no regrets buying it. I do have some Tuffsaws blades for it as well but I'm saving those for when I start to build my bench in a couple of months time.
Hope you're enjoying your machine.

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark
The delivery driver parked the pallet by my front door and really and told me after I asked if he could move it to the bottom of my drive, that he was only allowed to do a kerbside drop.
After complaining he said he would move it back to the kerb !!
I got him to phone his boss and eventually he moved it down my drive and then off the pallet So worked out well in the finish !
Glad you are happy with it !
I am really enjoying the saw, it is a really solid well made beast, now just waiting for a new Tuff Saw blade for some re sawing
ATB
Phil

Back