Mt2 revolving centre, but with M33 X 3.5MM thread for scroll chuck (SC4) any ideas.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SC4 has to be bought with an insert for it and there are plenty, so choose a centre with any thread you like and buy the right insert from Record Power?

Last edited:
Found an affordable centre, from RDGTOOLS, £29.50, also picked up a new 3/4 16tpi, second tap for £14.50 from them. These prices included VAT and delivery also.
Thanks everyone for your advice.

2MT REVOLVING LIVE CENTRE THREADED 3/4 X 16

https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-multi-head-centre-with-3-tips-1mt-340185
https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-evolution-live-revolving-centre-1mt-504663
The two live centres above
from Axminster both have 3/4" x 16 threads, so you could get one of these in the UK, and if you live near will need no postage. First is £49.98 for MT2.
The OP wants to attach a workpiece at the tailstock end - that's why he needs a chuck on a revolving centre, not just a revolving centre.

The OP wants to attach a workpiece at the tailstock end - that's why he needs a chuck on a revolving centre, not just a revolving centre.
Yes I realise that thats why I suggested those live centres as they both have a 3/4" x 16tpi thread on them to allow him to make an attachement.
I use the one in the first link myself to make new attachments on 3/4"x16 nuts, so I know it works.

Found an affordable centre, from RDGTOOLS, £29.50, also picked up a new 3/4 16tpi, second tap for £14.50 from them. These prices included VAT and delivery also.
Thanks everyone for your advice.

What thread have you got on your chuck ? Just wondering if not 3/4 x 16 then haven't you got to buy an insert also?
Geoff

What thread have you got on your chuck ? Just wondering if not 3/4 x 16 then haven't you got to buy an insert also?
Geoff
My Chucks have m33 thread, and other chucks 3/4 16tpi, my lathe m33, my wife's lathe is 3/4 16, so we have both sizes and inserts already.

Back