Mr Jet/Men_at_NMA

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in a spindle moulder, and specifically the Scheppach and the Jet as two possibles (Jet JWS34LX and Scheppach HF3000).

I'm specifically require a sliding table with them, and would like to see them both before I make a purchase decision. Can you tell me where my closest dealer is who would have a moulder (must be with sliding carriage) that I could see?

I'm based in Sussex(home)/Surrey(work).

PS: Newbie_Neil, all those website/distributors in your list - do any of them have actual shops etc you can visit - or even a demonstration area? Just a thought that cropped up.

Adam

Adam, its probably a good idea to email them privately as using this forum as a medium to contact people isn't really what its designed for, more public discussion.

Hi Adam

asleitch":2zylicfi said:
PS: Newbie_Neil, all those website/distributors in your list - do any of them have actual shops etc you can visit - or even a demonstration area? Just a thought that cropped up.

I'll have a look over the weekend for you.

Out of interest, how far away from Axminster are you? With their new demo areas they should be able to show you everything or you could come up to the Midlands show at the end of this month.

Cheers
Neil

Fair enough, but I was wondering if they had a list of distrubtors with "demonstration" areas, it might be of general interest. I was debated sending it as a PM and wish I had now!

Feel free to delete the thread, I can PM them with the same info.

Adam

Hi Neil

Where and when is the Midlands show? I live in the midlands and might wander over (without credit card!)

cambournepete":s15xl7qp said:
If you time it right you can visit the Yandles show as well.
Ah, great minds think alike. And of course any old tool dealers for good measure, in my case. :D

Tony, The Midlands Woodworking and Woodturning Ehhibition, 23rd - 25th April, 10am - 5pm, Warwickshire Exhibition Centre. (Tut, tut, BTW. No new planes, remember? :wink: )

Cheers, Alf

Taunton... Nothing exactly on the door step, but if you're going to Axminster anyway, you might want to check out The Toolbox in Colyton for a start (the pic on this page shows the inside). If you fancy a quick buzz down the M5 then Old Tools Feel Better at Topsham Quay Antiques centre is pretty good. On the other hand, a buzz up the M5 will take you to Bristol Design in Perry Road. They make their own tools too, and one day I shall get there. Yes, one day dammit! :cry: If anyone knows of other likely spots then I'd be just a tiny bit interested to hear of them :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Adam

These are the Jet resellers: -

CRM Saw Co Ltd
Unit 17 Arnside Rd, WATERLOOVILLE. PO7 7UP
02392 263202
[email protected]

Machine Sales & Services (Poole)
Nuffield Ind. Est., Cowley Rd, POOLE. BH17 0UJ
01202 686238

Surplus Sales (Service) Co
Unit 47, Youngs Ind. Est., Paices Hill, Aldermaston, READING. RG7 4PW
0118 981 1470

Fixings & Powertool Centre Ltd
14 Bonehurst Rd, Salfords, REDHILL. RH1 5EQ
01293 820088
[email protected]

G Higgins (Sidcup) Ltd
85 Station Rd, SIDCUP. DA15 7DN
020 8300 3161

Homewood Woodworking Machinery
119-121 Tarring Rd, WORTHING. BN11 4HE
01903 216113
[email protected]

Poolewood Machinery
Pett Farm, Pett Rd, Stockbury, SITTINGBOURNE. ME9 7RJ
01622 884651
[email protected]

S B Woodworking Machinery Ltd
Firsland Park Estate, Henfield Rd, Albourne, HASSOCKS. BN6 9JJ
01273 495525

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Neil

Newbie_Neil":1xdp26wz said:
Hi Adam

These are the Jet resellers: -

Fixings & Powertool Centre Ltd
14 Bonehurst Rd, Salfords, REDHILL. RH1 5EQ
01293 820088
[email protected]

They might be quoted as Jet resellers but I've never seen even one piece of Jet equipment in there - they don't have much other than Chop saws as their most "serious" WW tool - certainly no stuff like tablesaws, spindle moudlers etc. - Hence the question really - all these places are listed as "resellers" - but who actually has a demonstration area and the stuff in stock to see?

Adam

Homewood are high on my list - but they don't seem hold much in the way of spindle moulders. Also, I'm concerned that even if these places do have the right machine, they may well not have the sliding table.

Adam

Adam, have spoke to Dave at Homewood and he has not got a spindle moulder in at the moment as he is waiting until the new cast range is introduced, which is going to be a few months yet I'm afraid, no definate date from Scheppach yet.

menatnma":1uhfijgl said:
Adam, have spoke to Dave at Homewood and he has not got a spindle moulder in at the moment as he is waiting until the new cast range is introduced, which is going to be a few months yet I'm afraid, no definate date from Scheppach yet.

Any other suggestions then? I'd be prepared to drive a reasonable distance - any good dealers you'd suggest in London?

Adam

The last couple of spindle moulders we sold down south were to D&M at Twickenham and Gill and Hoxby in Enfield, but I do not know if they were stock or special orders for customers.
Do not know of anyone who has a showroom model for you to look at, apa
t from us but thats a bit of a drive for you.

Richard

Hmm, the one thing I'm trying to avoid is buying equipment (certainly of the kind of value as a spindle moulder) without seeing it. At the same time, I don't fancy a drive to Brighouse, (or was it Penistone can't remember) just for a look. I do have family in both the above places but don't have a visit planned until end of August this year. And thats a bit far away still.

Any other ideas? Is their more literature available on them?

Adam

Hi Adam, sorry, just got all your messages - I've been away.
Homewood in Worthing have a Jet moulder on display if you'd like to see it in the flesh. If you speak to Dave down there, he will take you through it.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Nick

Back