Mr Jet/Men_at_NMA

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aragorn":1kggdjfu said:
Where are you going to put this spindle moulder anyway Adam? :lol: :lol:

A

Next to the Planer/thicknesser, which I also have to squeeze in. :shock:

Option A) build another shed to store more stuff, thereby clearing some space.

Option B) Move house, which also is getting some serious consideration. :lol:

Adam

:lol: :lol: LOL
Yep, I reckon wanting a bigger workshop is the best reason to persuade S/HWMBO to move house!!

A

SWMBO is quite happy with either workshop space, or a ready built workshop as the #1 priority on the "new house" requirements list. :D

Just the money that a bit of a problem!!!

Adam

Hi Adam

Whilst I was ordering some bit and pieces today I had a look at the Jet moulder.

I asked the manager for some pointers and he said the Jet was a four speed machine, others only had three, with the fourth speed for grinding. It also had the cast top. The biggest plus point was that, as standard, it could also use all of your existing 1/2" and 8mm router cutters. He was very impressed with the Jet and thought it a much better product than the S........

He then told me that he had stopped selling the S........ moulder since he had brought the Jet one in. He also said that they were selling six Jet moulders for every S........ that he used to sell. He felt that, to a large part, this was due to the fact that you retained all of your investment in router cutters (1/2" and 8mm) and could build up the moulder cutters as you needed them.

I don't know whether this was sales talk but I did preface the conversation by saying I was not interested in buying one, I was just after his view to pass onto you. He was a big fan of S........

Cheers
Neil

Thanks Neil,

I'm still weighing up my options on this topic, it's still between the jet and the Scheppach - both are now with cast iron tops - as it all the scheppach range it seems, but the lead time is a lot longer. I don't have a large collection of router bits, which is why I am considering making the switch to spindle moulder now, before it's "too late" after serious investment in both routers, tables and bits.

I'm going to have a look at the Jet next time I'm at Homewood, and continue to work out if I can get to Yorkshire to see a Scheppach one in the flesh also...

Adam

Latest posts

Back