Moving the table saw in the workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd make a dolly you can shove under it. 80kg is only really 40kg to lift as you'd only lift one side at a time and a 40kg deadlift with a foot nudge to move the dolly should be doable for just about any adult without other conditions. Even if you only got the dolly under one side, a 40kg lift and steer should be OK.

That way you can move it easy enough and pop it back down again.

Plus the dolly can be used for other things when not moving your saw around 3 times a year.

Natually remember that if you want to raise one side up by 100mm, lift the other side up by 50mm and nudge something under it first. Can be done repeatedly if needed.

One other idea.
B&Q sell tiny plastic versions of machine skates. Bright yellow and black. Under £20 for a 4 pack the last time I looked.
They are intended to make it easier to move fridges, washing machines and the like but I pushed a 300lb load the length of the garage on a set with no obvious damage the other day.

I think the wheelbarrow approach has the best merits in terms of simplicity and cost effectiveness, and certainly has been vouched for by many here.

Although I probably should have mentioned, the table saw is just sitting in the stand, it is not fastened to it, so I am a little bit worried about tilting it too far.

Last edited:
I think the wheelbarrow approach has the best merits in terms of simplicity and cost effectiveness, and certainly has been vouched for by many here.

Although I probably should have mentioned, the take saw is just sitting in the stand, it is not fastened to it, so I am a little bit worried about tilting it too far.
I would certainly look at attaching the top, maybe just a ratchet strap when it is moved, better still attach is properly if possible, I assume there are some options for attachment on the saw?

I went down the dolly route for my Meddings pillar drill as I didn’t want it relying on a castor lock to hold it still during use and the fact that I can have a fairly large skate to use elsewhere too if needed. Because the footprint of a pillar drill is fairly small (in industrial settings they’re generally bolted to the floor) I gave mine a slightly larger false footprint as can be seen in the attached clip ;)

Back