Mouse sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
My palm aka Mouse sander from Black and Decker gave up the ghost in spectacular fashion the other day. Gouts of flame shooting out before it stopped. Not had that much use either. Emailed B&D for some suggestions but, as yet, no reply. So null points to B&D for customer service.

So which to buy next as they are useful. I will probably get a Bosch as that's the only make I can find. Also Bosch customer service has always been 110% in my book and so that's why I'm leaning that way.

I'm looking for the small palm sander...not the larger beasties which are sometimes called detail sanders, I think.

Any suggestions?

If I do go down the Bosch route and the stockpile of sanding pads don't fit it then they are available on a first come first serve basis. They fit the green version of the sander from B&D ..can't say if they fit the later red ones. New owner to pay the postage or collect

Funny, you are probably the fourth person I know who has mentioned their B&D Mouse sander has gone kapput. I think they must have some major design fault.

Adam

Thanks Alf for those two links. Must admit I was bit lazy and didn't think to search :oops:

I have a large number of sanders including an orbital from Skil which is excellent. I have the Bosch detail (?) sander which has had one re-iterationthrough their workshops (they replaced it without a qualm) but as the new one also shows signs of wear I'm grabbing one of those Porter Cables on special offer...thanks to Dog.

Cheers Roger

Hi Woody

I do agree that DW stuff is good (I've got 4 items from their range).

Unfortunately, my preference is for a 'pointy' one like the mouse. The one you suggest is a square 1/4 sheet one and without a point I'm not sure how it can do spot sanding as their website suggests. You've got one, I presume?

Roger

Roger, yes i got one a few weeks ago and its not bad at all, but as you are in the market for a pointy one, its not much good to you.

Good luck in your hunt

Regards

Woody

Thanks for the suggestion, Happy...but

given that my Black and Decker mouse blew up in a shower of sparks plus many other people on this forum also had their mouse blow up and secondly that B&D customer service couldn't even be bothered to reply to my email requesting help, there is no way that I will ever by B&D again!

Back