Mouse P

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
I have been doing some work with brass in my shop. A few days ago I noticed some small patches of black corrosion on it which I cleaned off.
Today I noticed some more and
some on the steel engineers square I had left out. Then I saw the droppings!!
Mice - so out with the traps with everything put under cover.
No food in the shop - must be coming in for warmth and shelter.
Just wish their waste products were not so corrosive?

Rod

Make sure its from mice and not their larger relatives Rod . Rats p can be very detrimental to health if touched

Mars bar as bait in the traps is supposed to be even more tempting than cheese.

P.S only a little bit is required in each trap... don't use a whole bar :D

Yeah, I think it's pretty well known that mice don't actually like cheese. Chocolate is good though I'm told.

Jensmith":2s3hwwt5 said:
Yeah, I think it's pretty well known that mice don't actually like cheese. Chocolate is good though I'm told.

They are not too keen on my cat either :)

Yep, mice love chocolate. I caught over twenty in our home in traps using chocolate spread. :D Got fed up with catching them in the end and put down poison....they all dissapered then??? :lol: We do have a golf course at the back of the house and I think that is where they were coming from.

Field Mice - caught two last night.
Wonder how far I have to take them so they don't come back?
Their urine is pretty powerful stuff!

Rod

Rod - if you were nearer you could hire my cat for a very reasonable rate - he's a great mouse catcher :D Problem we have is that he catches them from the field behind us then brings the pippers in the house to play with :evil:

Cheers

Karl

Thanks for the offer - some neighbours have cats - perhaps that's why the little blighters take shelter with me?

Rod

Karl":qp3mdqom said:
Problem we have is that he catches them from the field behind us then brings the pippers in the house to play with :evil:

Cheers

Karl

And it's not a myth about them running up your trouser leg attempting to escape.

DAMHIKT :oops:

Hi, Tony

Not so painfull as a kiten runnng up the back of your leg in the morning as you stand there in your underpants :shock:

Pete

Half a Malteser - never fails!

Some years back, although I didn't know it, there was a tiny hole around the waste pipe from our sink. The mice literally poured in through there - we caught 18 in about a fortnight, and our elderly, totally blind, cat accounted for another two. The hole can't have been more than about 5mm across, but stopping it up finally cured the problem.

Back