Mouse P

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
I have been doing some work with brass in my shop. A few days ago I noticed some small patches of black corrosion on it which I cleaned off.
Today I noticed some more and
some on the steel engineers square I had left out. Then I saw the droppings!!
Mice - so out with the traps with everything put under cover.
No food in the shop - must be coming in for warmth and shelter.
Just wish their waste products were not so corrosive?

Rod

Make sure its from mice and not their larger relatives Rod . Rats p can be very detrimental to health if touched

Mars bar as bait in the traps is supposed to be even more tempting than cheese.

P.S only a little bit is required in each trap... don't use a whole bar :D

Yeah, I think it's pretty well known that mice don't actually like cheese. Chocolate is good though I'm told.

Jensmith":2s3hwwt5 said:
Yeah, I think it's pretty well known that mice don't actually like cheese. Chocolate is good though I'm told.

They are not too keen on my cat either :)

Yep, mice love chocolate. I caught over twenty in our home in traps using chocolate spread. :D Got fed up with catching them in the end and put down poison....they all dissapered then??? :lol: We do have a golf course at the back of the house and I think that is where they were coming from.

Field Mice - caught two last night.
Wonder how far I have to take them so they don't come back?
Their urine is pretty powerful stuff!

Rod

Rod - if you were nearer you could hire my cat for a very reasonable rate - he's a great mouse catcher :D Problem we have is that he catches them from the field behind us then brings the pippers in the house to play with :evil:

Cheers

Karl

Thanks for the offer - some neighbours have cats - perhaps that's why the little blighters take shelter with me?

Rod

Karl":qp3mdqom said:
Problem we have is that he catches them from the field behind us then brings the pippers in the house to play with :evil:

Cheers

Karl

And it's not a myth about them running up your trouser leg attempting to escape.

DAMHIKT :oops:

Hi, Tony

Not so painfull as a kiten runnng up the back of your leg in the morning as you stand there in your underpants :shock:

Pete

Half a Malteser - never fails!

Some years back, although I didn't know it, there was a tiny hole around the waste pipe from our sink. The mice literally poured in through there - we caught 18 in about a fortnight, and our elderly, totally blind, cat accounted for another two. The hole can't have been more than about 5mm across, but stopping it up finally cured the problem.

Latest posts

Back