Motor switch misbehaving

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dokkodo

Established Member
Reaction score
A little while ago my TS stopped turning on, i looked everywhere for why that might be and eventually discovered a break in the power cable at a certain point, so the power is back.

However in my investigations i took apart the switch, which I have apparently put back together wrong as it is playing up. Its a DZ-6-2 switch, the type with the large E-stop cover over the green go and red stop buttons.

So, in its first reincarnation, i think i got the wiring the wrong way round, and the magnet wouldnt catch inside the switch so the motor would only run with the on button held. Now I have swapped them, but in this iteration it runs and stays running fine, but is reluctant to stop! The only way to get it to stop is to press firmly and hold the off button until the motor has slowed well down, maybe 5 or 10 seconds. If you dont press firmly and hold, the motor just skips back on, or if you fluff it, it trips the fuse! So something is wrong, i did have the mechanical part of the switch open for investigation too, thought id put it back right its pretty simple in there... just an arm that levers the magnet up by having its other end in a little housing, the whole thing pivoting on a fulcrum. Unless maybe something fell out i didnt notice...

Any ideas?!

Back