motor help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shim20

Established Member
Reaction score
was trying to be cleaver and take my motor apart on my mortiser i got recenty and clean all the dust out, i thought the cover on the top came off, but then found out i had to tap the shaft from the bottom and it slid apart, but while i was trying to twist the top off i broke 2 of the wires and can work out where the came from, theres a black and a white wire i wondered if the came from where this red one is but im not so sure, sorry if im to vauge any help would be a great help
Motor.jpg

ben

its a multico k1 mortiser quite early i think, has a hover motor sqaure type, not sure on age, can take some better pictures to one i have taken is not that great

Hi
I have just bought a K1. Give me until the morning and I'll go have a look. Can I see the part in question without taking it all apart?
Great morticer though, yes? I need to find a retail outlet for the collet thingys, metric if at all possible.
HTH and TIA
Neil

thanks, but you have to take it apart have to unscew the top cover and tap the shaft from the bottom, not as easy as it sounds, but yes a great morticer, be even better once ive sorted this :lol:
cheers

Back