Motor for TAble Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger

Established Member
Reaction score
I am moving to England from Canada in a few months and bringing all my tools with me - including a large Cast Iron TS which at present has a 1.75HP motor.

I know that I am ok with all the other tools as regards voltage change and cycle rate, but I understand that the current TS motor I have will need to be changed.

Is this true?

If it is, what motor type will I need and where can I buy it? Bearing in mind that since it may need to be changed, I would probably like to go up 3HP if possible.

Thanks for any advice

Ploget,

What model of TS? May make sense to source a Baldor etc before you go. Especially with regard to the mounting (Fema type?). Most of the US motor companies will supply a 50Hz motor for you. Marathon did one for me for my Delta TS and a simply job to rewire to 230V.

Rgds

Noel

PS Want a shopping list? (A very small one..)

Got a mis-motored Craftsman, which has been customized with lots of goodies. Mostly Rigid accessories but the motor is original.

Any shopping list is more than welcome, especially if I can get them over here, before going.

If you go to machine mart make sure you tell them what you want the motor for.I went to buy one there but happily the salesman told me that their motors were for "no-torque" applications, i.e compressors. the windings were not heavy enough for a t/s.

Back