Most Useful Discovery for Online Woodworkers EVER EVER EVER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as an engineer I use these three all the time.

° - Alt 0176
³ - Alt 0179
² - Alt 0178

Alt0169 = ©. Handy for copyrighting text you write and images such as photos you take and drawings you create, especially if you publish your work and are bothered about asserting or defending your intellectual property.
Alt0177 = ±. Useful for a range either side of a specific number , e.g., North American kiln operators generally aiming to dry furniture grade wood to 7% MC ±2%.
Alt0228 = ä, useful for Häfele (hardware, etc), or anywhere else where that accent, the name of which escapes me at the moment (umlaut, maybe?), applies.
Slainte.

I've always done this as 1959

º

though knowing that that is just a numerical repeat of something earlier - as mentioned above.

I'm sure I'll never remember the shorter and easier number.

None of it works on my keyboard as it is, and I haven't the computer literacy to find out how to get it to.:(
I suspect that you don't have [NumLock] 'ON' which means that you actually type [Ins][End] & [Home] - and of course [Home] takes you out of UKW.

Last edited:
That's not a 'Degree' sign it's the feminine Ordinal. Often use for Nº to denote 'number' or (for Left-pondians) #

oh my. I had no idea. When I do it in notepad and then in word, they all look different.

Back