Most recent "Completed" project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin

Established Member
Reaction score
Notice I said "completed"...seems lately I seem to have several going on at one time and don't remember which end is up... :lol:
But this one I have finally gotten done...well with the exception of a hanger which goes on tomorrow...Have to deleiver Friday so that can not be put off.
Pic is of a segmented squirrel hanging from a bird feeder...Pattern is one of Judy Gale Roberts Intarsia patterns done in segmentation style. Cut from one pice of 3/4" paneled aspen...shaped and raised/lowered as needed then colored and glue up to a backer.
Thanks for looking....
Lin
segmentedsquirrellg.jpg

Nice to see some more of your work.

I would be interested to hear or see a WIP on a suject like this, I myself have no idea of what is involved to produce a piece such has you have displayed.

Lin, Very nice, although I do have some idea how it is done you do make it sound so incredibly easy.
Thanks for sharing

Andy

Lin, excellent as usual.

Can we have our red squirrel back, we will gladly return a dozen or so of your USA Gray variety that daily perform similar antics on out peanut holders.

Very nice, Lin =D> We have two walnut trees in our garden so we have lots of grey squirrels that keep us amused every day. We've never managed to eat one of our own walnuts because the squirrels have the lot :cry: They also keep the lawn aerated looking for the ones they've buried :D I once put up two bird feeders but the moment the squirrels found them they totally destroyed them :shock:

Paul

The dimensions are approx. 9" by 20". I didn't take pics along the way of this piece but have WIP pics from a "Segmented Eagle" I did eariler this year. To include an almost major "Whoops" on my part....
If there is much interest in me posting a WIP with explanation for each pic of that Eagle I would be happy to do so....These projects take me about 1 month to do....I only work on them on the week-ends. Otherwise they could be completed from start to finish in a week. Working on it a few hours a day.....Hardest part of these are the shaping. That is where most of my time is put in. Cutting is fairly easy cause it's done puzzle style. Colors are most of the time picked by my hubby....I just do the work end of that...He has an excellant eye for picking colors for these....
Let me know if a WIP of the segmented eagle is wanted.
Thank-you so much for the wonderful comments on the piece....
Lin

Lin,

I would love to see WIP pictures for the Eagle, as I have been toying with the idea of having a bash at it myself, but I am a bit worried it might be too ambitious as a first intarsia project.

Regards

Gary

Latest posts

Back