Most optimistic eBay listing of 2021

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a look at his other listings, they are all catalogues or single sheet ads and all priced at 79.99 except for 1

They would've charged more if it wasn't for some very slight creasing to the top of the cover...

I've got an Axminster catalogue from 2000 so by now it must surely be worth thousands.

How weird.

I can understand the car brochures they are selling, they can indeed be quite rare and desirable, but a free Axi catalogue?

Well if he does sell it the good lady wife has quite a few catalogues with Chinese garbage in which I'll be listing :unsure:

Last edited:
dude has some sales history (some history of sales success). Not with that catalogue, though, but rather with what looks like brochures that people would want to match with something (e.g., the older jaguar brochure that he sold for $100 - one would guess it was to someone with one of the cars. My mother had one of those cars - they're good for everything but driving. If you drive them, they won't last long)

They won’t start if you call them a JAG-wahr ;)
they won't start if they sit for a week, either!! At least ours wouldn't. My mother got her first one slightly used (an XJS pre-ford, so v12. I think the transmission came from the 1950s - a 3 speed "powersoak" unit between wheel and engine). The dealer boasted to us that it had a computer in it and if you didn't run it weekly, it would drain the battery.

My mother came back (this was around 1990) and boasted that it had a computer in it (i think every car did at that point, whether there was a display or not).

The other magic talent that it had (it was wonderful to cruise around in and purred, I"ll give it that) was it the puff of heat out of the hood was greater than anything else I've ever experienced. So when people would say "what does a V12 look like", you could open it and they'd say "Oh MY GOD ...That's a lot of HEAT!!!"

Yes, yes it is. It does a good job of heating the air before it goes in the engine.

It wasn't that hard to sell used to the next person who thought they wanted to try a used Jag-wire.

(if you think Jag-wahr is bad, imagine everyone when you run across someone who calls it a "Jag-Wire" - unfortunately too common).

I always bin my Axi catalogue immediately it arrives. It gives me a little satisfaction somehow. Doesn't take much to please me nowadays!

It's a fairly common thing to list stuff on a cheap listing weekend, then change the ad later and keep the cheap final value fees. I've done it myself when I know something is coming in that I'll want to get straight on ebay.

This is a serious seller of catalogues/brochures, here is his listings
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/aerialatom/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=At the bottom is an Axminster catalogue.
There has to be a reason for listing something which no-one will buy.

It is probably something like he has had a time limited special offer from eBay, something like “maximum £1 selling fees” that they ran until recently. He us expecting something coming in but it has not arrived yet. He puts in the advert for the Axminster catalogue and when the new item arrives he amends the listing to suit. I know of a seller of mostly pillar drills, but other items as well who does this.

The Jaguar V12 was seriously flawed in its cooling water route through the sump, at an engine temperature just above the normal, when you switched off the engine the water would jettison and flood the garage floor.

Back