Most depressing film ever. Where's the noose!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just watched must be the most depressing film ever. So unless you feel like drinking heavily or hanging yourself, I suggest you refrain from watching 'The Road' :cry:

Cormac Macarthy - dismal violent books (and films). I can't stand them but they have a cult following. My mrs reads them!

Jacob":31g9waur said:
Cormac Macarthy - dismal violent books (and films). I can't stand them but they have a cult following. My mrs reads them!
Saves her talking to you then.

That's why I don't get in the way of her reading.

Digit":dwip4m1k said:
Sounds like a very happy marriage.

Roy.
The deal is that she doesn't chip in when I'm reading Proust!

Can't be worse than some of the 'Romcom' drivel I've been prevailed on to sit through from time to time! Try 'One Fine Day' for instance. A visit to the dentist would be far more appealing.

mark aspin":3v5qqg0y said:
I quite liked the book and the film.
Haven't seen the fillum.
The book was okay, but it could have only one of two endings.

I won't spoil it for those who might like to try it, but I think you'll catch my drift. 8)

John :)

i thought 'the road', although depressing, was at least realistic, not the usual guff that comes out of hollywood and i managed to sit through all of it.
anyone attempted Melancholia?
chris

'Revolutionary Road' takes some beating for banality.
Last night I watched about 3/4 of an hour of it, but in the end I realised I needed sleep more than I cared about the characters.
Switched off and went to bye-byes.

Dire. :roll:

John :?

Alf":1cq63vat said:
Only if the dentist was George Clooney... (What? Too girly? Sorry. 8-[ )

I have the female equivalent of GC, but even staring into her face from 6" didn't distract me from the acute 'discomfort' :-& of a root canal filling last year. Mustn't crumble though (even if the tooth is)...got a crown to go on it later this month.

I thought the film was depressing, but enjoyable at the same time in a strange sort of way - Rob

Back